GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Claim - Norton Insurance Services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Claim - Norton Insurance Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim - Norton Insurance Services

Hi All

I am new to this. We have had a loan with Endeavour PF since 2003 we recently tried to go through a company to reclaim the PPI and have now ben told that they cannot persue the claim further as when the PPI was sold to us the lender was not regulated for the sale of insurance. I am little annoyed that it has taken since Feb 2012 until today for them to find this out as it was one of the first things I asked when the process began. I dont know whether to try to claim it back myself of if I will just be wasting my time. Our loan started in July 2003 and the PPI was £4940.00. Like many others we were told if we didnt take out the PPI then our application would not be successful but I cannot remember if we used a broker. I remember we tried using Purple Loans to get a loan with Endeavour and did not tick the PPI box and were declined but its that long ago i cannot remember if we stayed with purple loans when we ticked the PPI.

Any advise.

Re: Endeavour

Originally posted by chelle312 View Post
    Hi All

I am new to this. We have had a loan with Endeavour PF since 2003 we recently tried to go through a company to reclaim the PPI and have now ben told that they cannot persue the claim further as when the PPI was sold to us the lender was not regulated for the sale of insurance. I am little annoyed that it has taken since Feb 2012 until today for them to find this out as it was one of the first things I asked when the process began. I dont know whether to try to claim it back myself of if I will just be wasting my time. Our loan started in July 2003 and the PPI was £4940.00. Like many others we were told if we didnt take out the PPI then our application would not be successful but I cannot remember if we used a broker. I remember we tried using Purple Loans to get a loan with Endeavour and did not tick the PPI box and were declined but its that long ago i cannot remember if we stayed with purple loans when we ticked the PPI.

Any advise.
    Hi and welcome

Do you still have the paperwork, application etc?

Whoever set up the application are the one's you pursue, so if it was Purple Loans, you write to them about your complaint.
    It may be worth you contacting them to check if they still hold any records, as soon as you do know, let us know and we can make the move from there.
    If its the case that the broker PL were not regulated, it will be a case of finding out who the underwriter was, as its possible they would have been regulated.

Also to add, that using a claims company, they do tend to pursue the lender for some reason, but realistically it is the broker (whoever sold the application).

And just to mention, so that we do not get confused with other's reclaims, below is a link to a new thread, (your very own), so please feel free to subject your reclaim once you know who it is we pursue, and the details etc....
    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/n...newthread&f=33

Let us know.
    Good luck
    Last edited by di30; 9 August 2012, 12:35.

Comment

PPI Claim - Norton Insurance Services

I am looking to claim back PPI on a secureced joint loan from the above company could you please advise how i go about this. I do not have the original paperwork with them all I have is the agreement with Endeavour PF but I have spoken with Endeavour and they have advised that Norton were the actual broker.

Thank you
      Chelle

Comment

Re: PPI Claim - Norton Insurance Services

I am looking to claim back PPI on a secureced joint loan from the above company could you please advise how i go about this. I do not have the original paperwork with them all I have is the agreement with Endeavour PF but I have spoken with Endeavour and they have advised that Norton were the actual broker.

Thank you
        Chelle

Hi Chelle

I would ask for copies of the paperwork from the broker (Norton), the application form would be made by the broker, and the agreement would be that of Endeavour.
        However, the broker will have sent all details to Endeavour, so it may be best to request paperwork in a form of a Subject Access Request (SAR), where they have up to 40 calendar days to comply and you enclose £10 cheque or postal order, they should therefore send all data they hold on the account from themselves and the broker paperwork.

Then you would have to pursue Norton with them acting as a broker for Endeavour.

Comment

To make a reclaim complaint, complete a reclaim questionnaire, these were issued by the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) for customers to use to make a reclaim/complaint, always keep a copy in case you need to refer back to it, or take it further.

Reclaim questionnaire here, this is different to the actual FOS complaint form, if you have to make a complaint to them later.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

Comment

Hi All

Just to update you I have been back on the phone to Endeavour and they have a copy of the orignial agreement with Norton Insurance so they are going to put this in the post to me. THey have told me that Norton have been placed into administration so I need to contact the FSCS directly but because our loan and PPI were taken out in 2003 they dont think we will be successful as they are only dealing with claims from 2005 onwards do I even bother trying?

Was never going to even try originally but with the claims company contacting me and saying yes I had a claim against endeavour even though they knew the date the loan was taken out on a little annoyed to find out 6 months down the line they now say I dont.

Chelle

Comment

Hi All

Just to update you I have been back on the phone to Endeavour and they have a copy of the orignial agreement with Norton Insurance so they are going to put this in the post to me. THey have told me that Norton have been placed into administration so I need to contact the FSCS directly but because our loan and PPI were taken out in 2003 they dont think we will be successful as they are only dealing with claims from 2005 onwards do I even bother trying?

Was never going to even try originally but with the claims company contacting me and saying yes I had a claim against endeavour even though they knew the date the loan was taken out on a little annoyed to find out 6 months down the line they now say I dont.

Chelle

Hi Chelle

Thank you for your update.

Well you can try the FSCS, but I do think your right, they will only deal with FSA regulated reclaims/complaints.

What the FOS suggest in these cases (although you will have to be prepared for some wait), is they suggest the underwriter/insurer avenue, so what you could do is contact the FOS explain the situation, and they will highly likely suggest as stated.
              You can ask Endeavour to send you the payment protection policy document (booklet) and the details of the underwriter/insurer and enclosed).

You can ask the FOS to write to them then on your behalf, if they say no, the FOS will be willing to take them on ( as its likely with them being an underwriter/insurer) that they were regulated as the norm then anyway.
              The FOS will check any liabilities of all parties of when the policy was sold to you, and if they believe that they had any part, they will try putting this right with the underwriter/insurer, by trying to get your money back to you.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

Di if I remember correctly this one is right up your street over to you!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Di if I remember correctly this one is right up your street over to you!!!!!
                  Cheers Pompey

We must have posted more or less the same time LOL, as just posted above as well.
                  Cheers hon.

Comment

Working...
                  X