GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt e-Petition Idea - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt e-Petition Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt e-Petition Idea

I have an idea, was aimlessly browsing the net looking at UE cases when I came up with it, probably crap, but here it is:

I think we should create an e-petition on the fancy pants governments website (someone who would no doubt be able to word it better than me, ahem - Niddy ) which would allow us some form of legislation to allow us to find out how much those scummy b****** DCA's purchase our Debts for - allowing us to see how much we are being ripped off and help us negotiate a better settlement!

There maybe something there already - but I haven't heard of it.

What do folk think - should I just crawl back under my rock or am I onto something?
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Re: Debt e-Petition Idea

---<> Welcome to Consumer Revenge - Home to the 'allabout' Super-Complaint Portal

Our site!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Read this mate - all stuff important (look at top - see the new site)...

Important Announcements - allaboutFORUMS
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nice! OK, shoot me down in flames, but I know you are going to be biased lol, if we get 100,000 complaints on the e-petitions site, they have to discuss in House of Commons. I know "discuss" is a broad term, but surely there can be no harm?

"The more sh1t you throw at the wall, the more that sticks" Just throwing in my tuppence worth.

You could put links on your petition site too and we can shaft them from all angles!

They really are pi**ing me off at the moment - as you can probably tell. haha!
        Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

If we get 100 votes I'll go to which - super-complaint route.

ie more damaging than a bunch of politicians that support a lot of the dca's anyway!!

Comment

ha-ha - brilliant, I will crawl back under my rock! LOL

Lets get into them!
            Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

I'm with you in principle all the way scotty. The real crux of the matter comes because the "settlement" route in law has nothing to do with your "agreement" It is judge made law under the Common Law. The judiciary already have this deeply ingrained resentment of Parliament's intervention with Statutes in what they consider theirs and theirs only "turf". Significant numbers of senior judges sit in the House of Lords so they will delay any proposed legislation as long as they possible can and if and when it does get passed onto the Statute Book they will then introduce the most perverse interpretations of it they possibly can in favour of the creditors who look after their pension funds remember. The law, justice, fairness are a long way from the judiciary's minds in all this. If you need an example and I am sure you don't look at CCA1974 for starters.

Which is the probably the route to do the most damage.

regards
              Garlok
              Last edited by garlok; 11 August 2011, 08:44.

Comment

The whole bloody thing is corrupt! They all need a good instead of with one another!

the best thing that ever happened to me was my credit rating getting trashed as god forbid, should I ever get the urge, I will never get credit!

It's such a shame that everyone seems to get off lightly apart from the poor bugger in debt, whether through no-fault of their own on it. It doesn't matter the finance industry still screws us.

The banks shaft us, the laymen loses his/her job, the banks get into trouble and we bail them out.

Man I just want to be debt free!
                Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

the best thing that ever happened to me was my credit rating getting trashed as god forbid, should I ever get the urge, I will never get credit!
                  Indeed m8, however the fact remains that many still rely on credit for whatever reason and are thus put at a distinct disadvantage for a number of years until there CRF improve.

I am like you in that I am at the age now where credit is a big fat no, and am now looking to clear my borrowings ready to enjoy my retirement and hopefully still have a house I can pass on to my boys.

I am lucky in that respect as my mortgage is only 40% of the value of the house and being disabled the chances of it being reprocessed is virtually zero.

I do not need credit cards because like you if I aint got it I cant have it simple as that and if I really want it I save for it and use hard cash.

However like I say we are not all the same and many cant live that way.

Me now I devote lots of my time to my dog and garden as the simple things in life are still great.

Comment

Absolutely correct Pompey. And if a lot more of us started to look at life in that way and lived our lives that way it becomes a very rapid way of bringing the parasitic finance sector to heel. I think it is they who would be looking to hit the PANIC button rather quickly.

We still run a little business as do others on here and we are trashed personally, whatever the justice of that, and for the first time in a very long time I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

We use a bank for our day to day needs and only spend what we have in hand. We shop around for things, use old fashioned markets for food where we can, I repair most things until they are irrepairable. Bit like Trigger on "only Fools--" "I've had this broom for 25 years, its had 12 new heads and 7 new handles" Thats our motor mower literally.

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

Indeed m8, the need to buy now is no longer a part of my life, and as for the debts I have if they are UE they can whistle if they are E I check other avenues to make sure they do have entitlement first and if they do a repayment plan is reached.

No longer will I be ripped-off, like BG tried too but failed in the end to there cost.

It is a bright sunny morning and life is grand.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        It is a bright sunny morning and life is grand.
                        The rain is teeming down here!

I have everything I need, so no more need to borrow more, have my mortgage, have my car, get down the pub for the occasional pint and meal.

All this crap with the need for fancy cars, fancy holidays and nice gold watches shows how shallow people can be.

Im still on track to semi-retire when Im 50 - mortgage will be paid, kids WILL have moved out, so you know it aint that bad, just wish my tomato plants would get more sun! Think I will save up and buy a greenhoose!

20 years to go and counting every day LOL!
                        Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

lovely view of the future Scotty, except that I wouldn't bet on the kids being able to afford to move out, mine both have degrees, one works intermittantly in her chosen field, other has had to go back to uni for more qualifications because no jobs available, so just don't bet on losing those children before they are 40, God help us all!!!
                          Pompey, I want your life!!!

Comment

They never really move out scotty, ours is forty, the other side of the world literally and they don't go away mate---- honest.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

if they dont move out - im off to some outpost in the arctic circle where there are no phones!

dont think my tomato plants will survive though!

one things for certain, there will be no sheriff officers or doorstep salesmen!
                              Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Working...
                              X