GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script General queries in my brain! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General queries in my brain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General queries in my brain!

Not sure where to put these random meanderings, so general debt seemed the best option, mods please feel free to move thread if you think there is somewhere better for it.

Ok dear reader the following are the ponderings that take it in turns with worrying about my debt to keep me awake at night, they have been rattling around my brain for a while so I thought perhaps getting answers may put them away!

Firstly, there are references to recorded delivery letters to DCA's or OC's not being tracked properly because the postman has a sack of them or of mail so gets the whole lot signed for in one go instead of individually. My question is, if they are getting a sack of recorded delivery letters on what would seem to be a regular basis, approximately how many letters would a DCA (or OC) get a day considering a lot of people will just pay up when they get a threatening letter, poor postman will have a bad back with them all and how long would it take them to record all the cheques they get sent as I would bet it takes a fair while to do their banking.

Also, who does and does not record things with the CRA's? for example if you were to move house (and I am NOT suggesting anyone does a runner!) the electoral roll would pick you up, but what new accounts would show under the new address? I know that the mortgage, secured loans etc would show, but what about things like insurance and utilities and how would they affect "my" credit file? Obviously driving license and vehicle registration would not show up bt its the things that would show that I am curious about

- told you my ponderings were random!!
    Last edited by Susie; 4 August 2011, 22:48.
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: General queries in my brain!

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    Firstly, there are references to recorded delivery letters to DCA's or OC's not being tracked properly because the postman has a sack of them or of mail so gets the whole lot signed for in one go instead of individually. My question is, if they are getting a sack of recorded delivery letters on what would seem to be a regular basis, approximately how many letters would a DCA (or OC) get a day considering a lot of people will just pay up when they get a threatening letter, poor postman will have a bad back with them all and how long would it take them to record all the cheques they get sent as I would bet it takes a fair while to do their banking.
    Hi Suzie - can only answer the first one!

My thought on this would be - do I care?! If they don't have sufficient staff to cope with the volume then thats just hard luck!

I ensure that I take a print out of the signature off the RM website for every recorded delivery letter I send. How long it then takes them to process my letter once its received is their problem.

It also gives you a useful leverage when they demand contact within 7 days blah blah but it then takes them 3-4 weeks to respond to written correspondance!

I have also used proof of delivery against Lowell when they claimed they hadn't received a postal order I had sent them on my DMP.

However in my experience most DCA's seem to process responses (and payments) within 2-3 days of receiving my letters.

The worst ones are those with PO boxes. Lloyds TSB for example can take 2 weeks to have something processed once its arrived at their PO Box no.

Best
    SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Susie and SnV,

I think I know where you are coming from Susie on this. We have actaully had this all happen during the winter we had and all the bad weather when deliveries were disrupted. Hence our arguments with Royal Mail and the excuses they gave. However we do know those letters were delivered but we have NEVER had the signatures proven. Hence my recent post on another thread, whereby the courts have ruled in the creditors favour when they have stated as a statement of truth that the procedure is followed and the bad bad despicable debtor MUST have recieved and read it, or they produce a posting receipt and the judge has accepted it as being fact. The corollory of that is they must as a court therefore accept that if you have a certificate/receipt of posting then the creditor must also have received and read the correspondence.

I think its a moot argument. The real problem lies in the fact that the creditors of whatever shade employ people who are basically illiterate. Pay peanuts you get monkeys and that alone is an insult to our primate cousins where bank/DCA staff are concerned.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Thanks for that, I get the same sort of response time from mine as well, I was just thinking that with the amount of letters they appear to send out, there must be a hell of a lot of replies even if only a low percentage get a reply, I was not worried about their staffing levels, its just one of the stupid thoughts that comes into my head when I am trying to sleep and will not shift!
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
        X