GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JD Williams/Fredrickson Int. - Advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD Williams/Fredrickson Int. - Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Williams/Fredrickson Int. - Advice please

Hi

I joined the forum just over two years ago and posted this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...t+frozen+debts asking if I could get interest frozen on debts. One of these debts was for £545.00 to Fifty Plus aka JD Williams and thanks to advice on here I did stop paying to the point that the account defaulted and interest and admin charges stopped being added. The account balance ended up at £785.13.

After that happened and for the past two years, from time to time I have received letters from various debt collection agencies chasing the amount of £785.13, sometimes threatening doorstep collections etc. I have ignored all of the letters and the account literally seems to have done the rounds with various agencies. Then yesterday morning (Saturday 13th June), I received a letter from Fredrickson International saying that their client: Lowell Financial Limited, Brand/Product: JD Williams have authorised them to secure payment.

The letter goes on to say that if I do not contact them immediately on the phone number given in the letter, they intend to instruct Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP to take legal action to recover the debt. If proceedings are issued, additional charges will be claimed in the sum of £60.00 court fees and £70.00 solicitor costs, increasing the balance to £915.13. Also that further interest may be added.

So basically this has gone full circle as I first received a letter from Fredrickson/ Bryan Carter Solicitors in December 2013. I don't know who Lowell Financial are although I have had reminder letters from them in the past.

I was advised by people here before never to contact any of these people by phone which I have never done since. Can anyone advise me how I should deal with these people please?

Thanks in advance

Carley

Re: JD Williams/Fredrickson Int. - Advice please

Send Lowell a CCA Request & £1 fee
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Send Lowell a CCA Request & £1 fee
      Thank you, Niddy.

Comment

Hi

Can I have some further advice please? I did as Niddy sugested and sent Lowell a CCA Request & £1 fee on the 15th June. They cashed the £1 cheque on the 14th July and on 19th August I received documents with a covering letter from Fredrickson Int. A letter from J.D Williams dated 29th July 2015 was attached and says the following...

This account was originally opened on 7th August 2006 as a 28 day continuous personal credit account. Due to non-payment the account was passed to an outside authority for collection on 25th November 2013 with an outstanding balance of £785.13.

In relation to your request for a signed copy of your credit agreement please be advised that we are under no legal obligation to supply you with a signed copy of your credit agreement at this time. However, please find enclosed a reconstituted "True Copy" of your credit agreement, along with the current terms and conditions applicable to your account, to which you have agreed. All future correspondence should be sent directly to Lowell Group, Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way, Valley Park, West Leeds, LS10 1AB.

I have now received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors dated 22nd September entitled 'Letter of Claim' stating that they have been instructed by Fredrickson Int. on behalf of their client Lowell Financial Ltd regarding my JD Williams account to commence Legal Action and issue a claim against me in the County Court in respect of the debt. If I don't respond within 14 days a claim will be issued without further notice for the sum of £785.13 plus court fee of £60.00 and solicitors costs of £70.00, totalling £915.13.

The letter says I have to contact them before 6th October either paying the £758.13 or to contact them with an affordable repayment arrangement. I don't have the money to pay it all off in one go, in fact I have very little money at all until the end of December as I am paying off other debts. Even then I will not be in a position to pay a lot per month.

Can you please advise me how best to deal with this now?

Thank you.

Comment

LBA to Bryan Carter Solicitors ...that's what I'd do ....nip it in the bud
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter before action as the idiots do issue claims within days in the hope you panic, - one of their begging ways.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'd write back to BC with an LBA Response - you'll find this by clicking into templates from the top of the forum.

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495044
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Good morning

Thank you all for your replies.

Can I just double check something please? The part of the LBA letter where it says "You will no doubt be aware that in addition to the PD-PAC requirements there is an additional responsibility to supply documents which is imposed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA 1974”). A request was made under s.77 / s.78 / s.79 on the xx/xx/xxxx and this has not been complied with." Do I enter the date sent the CCA request in here? Sorry if it's a stupid question with an obvious answer, I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks
                Carley

Comment

Originally posted by Carley View Post
                  Good morning

Thank you all for your replies.

Can I just double check something please? The part of the LBA letter where it says "You will no doubt be aware that in addition to the PD-PAC requirements there is an additional responsibility to supply documents which is imposed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA 1974”). A request was made under s.77 / s.78 / s.79 on the xx/xx/xxxx and this has not been complied with." Do I enter the date sent the CCA request in here? Sorry if it's a stupid question with an obvious answer, I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks
                  Carley
                  Yes ......No such thing as a stupid question ....

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hi

I sent the LBA letter as suggested and have had a response from Bryan Carter Solicitors as follows: -

"Our Client Lowell Portfolio Ltd
                      Outstanding Balance £785.13

We thank you for your letter dated 2nd October 2015.

We confirm that the letter you received from us on or around 19th September 2015 was a letter before action due to non payment and we confirm that no proceedings have been issued.

We confirm that due to the sums involved if proceedings were issued in this matter it would most probably be allocated to the Small Claims Track where pre-action disclosure is not required. In any event we are taking our clients instructions in this regard.

We note that a copy of the agreement was sent to you on 14th August 2015.

We recommend that you seek independent legal advice."

Can you please advise where I go from here? I am a bit concerned that the next thing I hear could be a court summons. Is this why they are advising me to get legal advice?

Thank you.

Comment

DON'T PANIC, you will note the letter contains the words IF and PROBABLY. not WHEN and WILL BE

just hold on and lets see if I can find someone to help,
                        Last edited by nightwatch; 27 October 2015, 11:57. Reason: dodgy keyboard skills

Comment

Ok, thank you

Comment

Personally, I'd leave it. Why respond? You've asked - they answered - fine. Don't worry

Comment

Ok will leave it then and wait and see if I hear anything else.

Thanks for your replies

Comment

Working...
                              X