GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script debt help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

debt help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt help

Hello everyone. I have 2 debts that im concerned about. Barclaycard 7450 pounds opened in 2003. For past 16 months token payments only first unable to meet contractual payments regularly in 2010. They have never defaulted on my credit file just lots of ap and bb6.i am new to all this and after your advice and help please. Second barclay resolve loan, that is upto date and intrest free my concern with it tho is it doesnt show on my noodle report im unsure why? I have a screen shot of my noodle report with barclaycard on it if needed. Thank you in advance.

Re: debt help

Hello justtrying and to AAD.

We'll all be up and about to help you with these two debts in the morning.

Have you got any others we can sort for you at the same time?

Plan B x

Comment

Thank you for your reply. No i havent any others just these two. Looking forward to all your help ppl

Comment

Morning and welcome xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good morning
          welcome to AAD

What exactly do you want to achieve with these two debts?

I can see that one is from 2003 so may well be UE

Can we ask you to follow this pattern so that we have all the information and can get a better picture. It would probably help you understand your options if you read this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First!

Type of account (credit card/loan)

Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

Approx balance

Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

Are you on arrangement or not paying

Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Comment

Good morning all and thanks again. My main concern is barclaycard credit card.
            Card taken out in 14/10/2003
            Approx balance £7467
            Date of last full payment 11/09
            Im on a token payment as told them cnt afford the minimum token is £10 per month
            Account status sustained arrears
            Account holder barclaycard collection
            They offer me 50% off all the time as a partial settlement figure. I want barclycard to pee off lol. Barclays resolve i am ok with and just wonderd why not on my credit report. Thank you again.

Comment

Hi and welcome.
              there can be a number of reasons why it is not showing on the credit file but don't worry about it, you worry when it is and is wrong
              as for the 50% off the credit card that seems a little strange
              what we normally suggest is that you send for your CCA (consumer Credit Agreement) using the template from our Stating out, template section, enclose the fee of £1.00 but sign the letter digitally
              Send signed for, so you can check when it is delivered and get a copy of who signed for it and when.

you will have to register again on the template site using the same details used to register here.
              if you have a problem finding the template get back to us

Good luck NW x
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard are strange when it comes to reporting decaults to CRAs but I wouldn't worry about that for now.

The fact that they're offering 50% off suggests two things to me:

a) they know they won't be able to enforce it in court so 50% is better then nothing for them.

b) they're trying to get you to acknowledge the debt, which resets the statute barred clock.

When did you take out the resolve loan? That could be UE.Definitely send a CCA request for the Barclaycard but I would be sending CCA requests for both accounts then we know where you stand.

BTW who do you bank with? if it's Barclays, I'd be opening a current account with a different bank.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Intresting replys thanks. I was under the impression the cca/unenforceable debt could no longer be used but you are the experts so i will go down that route. Is a cca and a sar the same thing? Im quite annoyed that barclaycard have marked my credit file as bb6 for the last nearly 2 years, thats why i have decided to try sort them out now as it will still be nearly 10 years till its off my report sadly. My resolve loan was for 11250 and taken out in 2010 oct. I have nearly 4 years left on that. I did bank with barclays but moved years ago when i got into difficulty . I dont have a problem paying barclays resolve as they have been helpfull and not charged intrest and it now appears never disclosed it to credit file. I despise barclaycard tho very unhelpfull and been chased by mercers more times then i care to remember. Mercers have before sent me default notices but i guess never applyd them. I rang them up in 2011 asking if i ever had ppi on my card they just said no so that avenue seems closed. Many thanks again everyone.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-09-14-54-16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1407474Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-09-14-54-16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1407474

- - - Updated - - -

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      The fact that they're offering 50% off suggests two things to me:

a) they know they won't be able to enforce it in court so 50% is better then nothing for them.

b) they're trying to get you to acknowledge the debt, which resets the statute barred clock.
                      If the OP is still paying £10 per month, there is no chance of the debt becoming time barred.

Comment

Do u think looking at payment history they should of defaulted me?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          If the OP is still paying £10 per month, there is no chance of the debt becoming time barred.
                          Ooops, of course

Comment

Originally posted by justtrying81 View Post
                            Do u think looking at payment history they should of defaulted me?
                            Yes, they "should" have defaulted you but you can argue about that later.

The resolve loan would be too recent to go down the UE route anyway.

Comment

A CCA request asks for a copy of the agreement along with T&C at inception and recent ones fee £1.00 should take 14 days, If not complied with or something is wrong with what you receive this enables you to put the account into dispute. This is the important Template to use to start with.
                              SAR; Subject Access Request. asks for ALL information that they hold on you ,Bank details, Credit card details, Loan details, copy's of communications, yours and theirs. this is done under the Data Protection Act cost £10, can take 40 days unless you have a couple of weeks to go through it all and know what you are looking for leave it till you really have to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X