GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER

Letter from JLA stating not enough class 1 contributions for year 2012 = 2013= old employer states ongoing problem with NI conts office - stating they paid but the NI office says no, ask her ex employer for proof just to show the local job centre it has been paid by them, and excuse after excuse , her partner deals with that so I ask for a meet up saturday with him as all we want is their proof her deductions have been to authorities, so I have to await her partners call to-night, meantime O.H., gets no income?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER

Doesn't sound right to me!. Only mix up can be if no payment has been made, or her used the wrong reference when paying nic's and tax due for that month.

Id ring HMRC and get it sorted myself.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Letter from JLA stating not enough class 1 contributions for year 2012 = 2013= old employer states ongoing problem with NI conts office - stating they paid but the NI office says no, ask her ex employer for proof just to show the local job centre it has been paid by them, and excuse after excuse , her partner deals with that so I ask for a meet up saturday with him as all we want is their proof her deductions have been to authorities, so I have to await her partners call to-night, meantime O.H., gets no income?

Luckily P60 for year 2012 - 2013 found showing deductions so copied and filed.

Comment

Good. Keep that, it will be needed.

It sounds more and more like the employer has not paid his NI and Tax deductions to HMRC. Is it a small firm? I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know enough about JLA to know whether they can refuse to pay you based on not paying enough class 1. I always though social security topped that up if its underpaid? I may be getting confused.

But in regards to your nic being paid, its unlikely. My advice, would be for you to telephone HMRC PAYE office 0300 200 3401.

They will ask for employers accounts reference, Explain to them, you are an ex employee, and you have your employers reference (should be located on P60)

Explain the situation regarding JLA, and employer not giving proof class 1 nic has been paid. Ask them what you can do.

I cant promise they will be able to give you what you need. But they may confirm if it has or has not been paid. And then you will have the ammunition you need to strike back at the employer when he BS's you again.

Comment

Well have copies of HM customs excise to old employer stating over payment for year 2012 - 2013 by them and asking them to fill out form as to the reason for over payment, also copy of other letters and our P60 also copy of P45 content up to Jan this year, all passed into job centre to be forwarded to JSA department, so a case of waiting to see their next move, as the letter states overpayment by employer for that year, and P60 shows O.Hs deductions for that year.

Comment

Good. keep us updated.

Comment

Still no response from the JSA claim = 3 weeks now of no monies! told O.H. when she goes into unemployment office this week I will come along and ask questions?

all in all 5 weeks from original claim of no monies? and 3 weeks since they so called passed it up stairs to the department JSA
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 June 2014, 10:43.

Comment

Letter from Dept works & Pensions telling the O.H. that they need even more info for the year 2011 TO 2012 this time == What is going On there, 1st time they ask for that year wage slips or P60 - cannot find anyway, to fill out enclosed form if no copies available!! already sent P60 etc for the original year they requested 2012-2013?

6 weeks of nonsence for Job Seekers Allowance, might send Camerooooon a Bill for stress/ starvation/ stupidity & wasting of time doing all the leg work WHEN Their so called Dept of Works must have employers payment sheets????????????? or do they just coollect and chuck it all in a pile to spend and keep no records?????????????/// also withholding Public Funds due to claimants!
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 July 2014, 12:25.

Comment

I can't help with the case as such but if you have copies of the P60's/P45's for the years in question I can tell you whether OH under or overpaid tax and then we can look at solving who is at fault. Either OH or employer. If we can prove it's the employer then we can look at submitting a form to HMRC to get your OH free from the liability. The job centre on the other hand is something entirely different

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    I can't help with the case as such but if you have copies of the P60's/P45's for the years in question I can tell you whether OH under or overpaid tax and then we can look at solving who is at fault. Either OH or employer. If we can prove it's the employer then we can look at submitting a form to HMRC to get your OH free from the liability. The job centre on the other hand is something entirely different

Not for the year 2011 to 2012 which she has looked for P60, but they have P60 for 2012 to 2013 which they had requested also a letter they sent to old employer stating that the old employer had in fact overpaid for that year and request why overpayment, but did not relate to 2011 to 2012 which the to-days letter refers,

The O.H.has posted off questionaire they sent her for the new period of info they need it as no copies of P60, as a clear out on our recent move from the area. but she has quoted a couple weekly wage slips she had, where they ask her gross weekly amount.
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 June 2014, 11:03.

Comment

well so called pre-arranged interview with GAP, arranged weeks ago at thr job centre & low and behold they text late yesterday = sorry appointment cancelled., will contact may be later any further interviews

Comment

.O.H. spoke to NI contribution/pensions office yesterday, they refused to speak to me, initially, but speaker on and pointed a request on line, acknowledged by them, by them for info on insurance payments for last 5 years and month later nothing, pointed out if the employer then had not paid the contributions then a case of Mis-appropriation of Public Funds, must of come over,as refering to them, he spoke to me then & quoted letters /forms they requested etc then, low and behold they will contact very soon on the subject.

Low and behold telephone call about 2 p.m. to-day, to O.H. saying all sorted and she should get her JSA in account Monday, so hopefully she does, cannot sit on these things after giving decent time to sort out but not done so, must chase them/.
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 5 July 2014, 14:59.

Comment

TTC, I am pleased for you both and I have my fingers crossed they keep their word on Monday
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

O.H. Has some money paid into her account looks like 5 weeks JSA started My 28th???

Comment

That's good news TTC
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X