GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OHs JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE PROBLEMS - OLD EMPLOYER

Now had a letter to say JSA will stop November because of your entitlement on Class 1 National Insurance contributions run out??????????????? ringing them Monday to get them to explain?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So she's on contributions based JSA? You're only entitled to that for 6 months. Are you working TTC? (I can't remember) If so, then it's unlikely that she'll be able to transfer to income based. You never know, perhaps she'll get a job before November
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        So she's on contributions based JSA? You're only entitled to that for 6 months. Are you working TTC? (I can't remember) If so, then it's unlikely that she'll be able to transfer to income based. You never know, perhaps she'll get a job before November

No I am Retired on Pension, also small pensions! she must be able to in her own Right? sorry new area to us this i..e. possible income based? advice / info be appreciated.?

Comment

I don't know too much about it as I'm living on my own but my understanding is that, when you claim income-based benefits, your partner's income is taken into account.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

well O.H. Next payments are £2.58 a week, due to my small pensions, she has started Zero hours at an agency, low and behold the Council Tax people have sent a form to fill out, all at once = collaboration between them no doubt,

Comment

it is taken into account

however

you get taxed on your own
              so when they are taking, you are on your own
              when you are looking for a bit of help, your husband suddenly becomes responsible, it's a disgrace

Comment

10/01/2015 - O.H. received from DWP 3 separate envelopes regarding Job Seekers letters , well she is rich as the last payment 30 Nov 2014 is ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????Wait for it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

A whole????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????

£1.48, well she is not going to do what they suggest if she is on zero hours and the weeks of 1 day work, even no work some weeks, as the Job Centre staff are vicious and Rude, they originally told her she was a benefit seeker, which upset her, then they stated oh! you are just joining unemployed! so many reports of this attitude from job centres on forums, yet was noticed a foreign EU National who was making a claim for family benefits (they were not here) was informed you can have this that other,, eventually the O.H did get for a week or so £2,58 per week ( Note:- Bus Fare to Job Centre is £2.40.

she is just going back to not claiming as she feels abused after all the deductions over the years of working here,

Council tax to sort out again next week as they have been informed of Job seekers allowance stopped.

Comment

now NHS Dentist reclaim been on and state she has to pay £13.00 + £65.00 Penalty charge for the check up last September, she was on Contributions JSA not JSA and should of paid, = an appeal by E-Mail has been made as suggested by Newcastle NHS, also pointed out no income only household income is my little Pensions., should hear back to-day as they state 48 hrs, but we can guess they know how to get blood out of stone. also pointed the offer of £1.48 per week not taken up as bus fare would be £2.58 to sign on.

Their paperwork on the small form at Dentist not informative, and to me they have a Duty of Care, if they are going to be nitty/picky on claimants, they should be concise and clear on initial signing on at job centre. It seems to me if you have never worked then you work for the Government and get all the benefits nobody else gets.

Comment

The whole Social Security (refuse to use the word Benefits) system from Central Government Local Government and private entities is fucked up they said they would cut the red tape and make it easier to negotiate the maze that was one big fat lie and it has been made very much harder to the people most no longer understand the systems put in place even I struggle and find myself researching pages upon pages of legislation in the evenings in the hope of keeping on top

It is a national disgrace and both DWP and Jobsanction Plus have broken the law countless times in there pursuit of decent law abiding citizens in order to catch a few crooks.

I detest and despise this Government for all the harm and suffering caused and more so when there is absolutely no need for it as austerity is another big fat lie and a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      The whole Social Security (refuse to use the word Benefits) system from Central Government Local Government and private entities is fucked up they said they would cut the red tape and make it easier to negotiate the maze that was one big fat lie and it has been made very much harder to the people most no longer understand the systems put in place even I struggle and find myself researching pages upon pages of legislation in the evenings in the hope of keeping on top

It is a national disgrace and both DWP and Jobsanction Plus have broken the law countless times in there pursuit of decent law abiding citizens in order to catch a few crooks.

I detest and despise this Government for all the harm and suffering caused and more so when there is absolutely no need for it as austerity is another big fat lie and a myth.
                      That sums up the situation completely!

Comment

BTW Benefits are what bankers and politicians get and certainly not claimants whether ill, disabled, unemployed or retired.

Comment

The Tech Clerk;482908]now NHS Dentist reclaim been on and state she has to pay £13.00 + £65.00 Penalty charge for the check up last September, she was on Contributions JSA not JSA and should of paid, = an appeal by E-Mail has been made as suggested by Newcastle NHS, also pointed out no income only household income is my little Pensions., should hear back to-day as they state 48 hrs, but we can guess they know how to get blood out of stone. also pointed the offer of £1.48 per week not taken up as bus fare would be £2.58 to sign on.

Their paperwork on the small form at Dentist not informative, and to me they have a Duty of Care, if they are going to be nitty/picky on claimants, they should be concise and clear on initial signing on at job centre. It seems to me if you have never worked then you work for the Government and get all the benefits nobody else gets.

Response now hard luck, pay up, she has no income, so I will no doubt have to pay this outrageous charge from my weekly pension along with all the other bills. no wonder people leave this country.

Glad I cancelled my appointment, as by the looks of it I would of been penalty charged as a Pensioner without Pension top ups, as small private pension which equals the amount a non private pension would get yet they would get free benefits.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 26 February 2015, 12:31.

Comment

Working...
                          X