GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statement of Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statement of Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of Account

Pretty simple question on this.

What should we really expect from the creditor when we do a CCA request?.

This is not something that you would think they could get wrong. And something that must be easy to put right. So not something I am hanging a hat on.

So say if a DCA sent you a raft of statements from the OC, then said you had been paying, so therefore admitted the debt and then said on a covering letter that you owed £xxxxx. But £xxxxx was a couple of thousand adrift from what the last OC statement said. The time between the last OC statement and the covering letter is 4 years.

There is no connection from what they say you owe on the covering letter to the last statement. No payments no monthly totals no nothing.

(I would have thought the intention for this information was to connect what they say you owed to an account. So the start total, lifetime payments etc are a must for the the account. You would think this is enable you to judge your liability for the amount begged for. Or am I missing something)

Just curious that a DCA would furnish the information above but not the payment history from when they got hold of the account to the date of the covering letter.

Re: Statement of Account

ive had dcas send a complete statement of account from day 1 showing all payments, and ive had others that just show an end balance. Never get the same info.

But I would think that an error in two balances is enough to not comply with a request.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Statement of Account

According to the Act -

"Where running-account credit is provided under a regulated agreement, the creditor shall give the debtor statements in the prescribed form, and with the prescribed contents -

(a)showing according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer, the state of the account at regular intervals of not more than twelve months "

Therefore a 4-year gap seems not to comply with this requirement.

Comment

Working...
      X