GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Daughter-in-law needs help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughter-in-law needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter-in-law needs help

She is having problems with her ex dodging paying a CSA debt.
    It has been going on for nearly 3 years now. The bailiffs have had it for about 3 month now and have given up trying to get the money.
    They know he's in when they call but he just doesn't answer the door.
    They even tried to do an attachment of earnings but as he's claiming to be self employed and any money goes in his girlfriends account, they say can't do anything.
    She knows he is not self employed as he's working for dodgy backstreet garages and they have asked whether he works for them and they say no, as they are on the fiddle too as they are in on it by claiming he is not earning enough to pay tax as they are paying him the rest in 'cash' off the books.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Daughter-in-law needs help

a friend's sister had exactly the same problem, don't think she ever got the money sadly

Comment

Sounds like the best solution is to "send the 'boys' round"
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

if he doesn't work they can't get anything, the lowlife we knew kept getting jobs and the minute they discovered it, he resigned and moved on, no money for anyone

Comment

One of the reasons I got into debt was my ex owing me £13k through the csa then going self employed. He owned a mortgage brokers, he earned £4700 and paid £5 a week for 2 children his wife was his bookkeeper she earned £165k one year! Submitted accounts from companies house to csa and was told nothing they could do it nearly sent mad. I gave up in the end My heart goes out to her.

jane x

Comment

Unfortunately pooky it seems like your daughter's ex knows how to play the system and I think it's very unlikely that she'll ever get the money for the children. Your suggestion of sending the boys round might be the best option. Even if it doesn't help to get the money at least she'll get some satisfaction ... and he'll get what he deserves
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

He's definitely a lowlife.
              He's paying £20 a week to an ex gf who he's got one daughter by and while with my step-daughter (don't know why I put d-in-law at the beginning ) and the courts have banned him from ever seeing her.
              He got my s-d pregnant and she had a girl and then get her pregnant again, then had an affair with an ex of his then left s-d for her who then had twins. he denied all three were his and didn't want anything to do with them. Then when she threatened court action he accepted they were his and wanted to see them. That went fine for a short while then he started coming up with excuses, this was all his slappers doing as she'd had a baby boy,as all the babies he'd had before were girls so that says a lot for his gf and he still believes it's his.
              She'd even bought a people carrier to help get the kids about, he took the car with him and then sold it, that's another reason the bailiffs are after him.
              What's annoying is the fact that when the bailiffs call, he just doesn't answer the door and the bailiffs have even seen him through the curtains.

Comment

He sounds like he should be on Jeremy Kyle! (sorry I know it isn't a laughing matter really)
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Jeez i feel for you. What a total scumbag. It always seems to be these types of people who get away with it. Kids everywhere and letting the system support them (whatever that is - i don't know).
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

OH dear... what a mess!

OK here is what I would do

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

• Takes around 30 minutes
                    • You must be over 18
                    • Available in England and Wales only
                    • Debit or credit card required

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
                      OH dear... what a mess!

OK here is what I would do

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
                      Risky though.......
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Risky though.......
                        OOhh is it? Why?

Comment

Whenever you start a claim it's risky. You could get landed with the opponents costs, look at lowells as an example case.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hmm yes I see...... But you dont have to carry on the claim do you?

I mean it might shock him seeing she is still trying to get the money?

If Bailifs were sent then surely they can stay around until he comes out can't they?

Comment

Bailiffs can ONLY be used after judgment. So back to my point, you issue a claim and they defend and win. You pay. No judgment.

Issuing a a claim should literally be the LAST thing you ever need to do. As you see, we beat enough banks and DCA's that issue confetti claims so the same applies to our users, just don't go there. It's an unknown entity.

Comment

Working...
                              X