GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 16 years! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 years!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 16 years!

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    This is on LB / CAG.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would have been sorted in weeks if the poor sod found AAD
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        This is on LB / CAG.
        I got it from Twitter

LeonC ‏@leonc1963 10m @guardian @guardianmoney 16 YEARS for a case that should have been resolved very early on, blimey hopefully this will cost the bank dear

Comment

16 YEARS for a case that should have been resolved very early on, blimey hopefully this will cost the bank dear
          Indeed. As soon as i saw the price of the laptop (and the fact a modem was the sole choice of purchase by the sound of it) it made me realise how long it had been going on!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I mean the user posts there matey lol hence it's all over their forums.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I mean the user posts there matey lol hence it's all over their forums.
              What the feck is this doing in the supreme court I mean I hope it costs them dear.

Comment

court of session overturned the sensible solution about 5??? years ago

Comment

Well, see when you look into this although it does look like the claimant has a case, the facts must surely be properly studied by the lay-reader because whilst I agree that in cases where a product is returned, thus rendering the sale contract void, so too should the credit that came with the goods that doesn't mean I am entirely in agreement with the claimant in this case.

However that said, even in 1998 laptops DID clearly state on the box, and on literature within most stores, the spec. If nothing was ever mentioned about a modem then surely the claimant should shoulder some of the burden and also I'm not sure I agree that one adverse CRA entry would warrant such a large claim for damages (I'm led to believe it's over £100k)... Sorry, we've seen cases lose when dealing with similar issues before so until judgment is handed down, I'll reserve my opinion.

But if he wins it should surely be on the cancellation of contract point, not the damages for one default entry - when the claimant himself never raised the entry at the time, with the bank. Had he done so then maybe we'd not be in the Supreme Court today and maybe he'd have his mortgage.

Didn't we see someone else lose on similar grounds, the LB owners sister tried damages for an erroneous CRA entry - and lost. Shitty that the CRA's and the creditor can dictate our lives like that, but they can and we just have to accept it unless cases like thIs win long before any Supreme Court has it's say.

Good Luck is all I will say, I hope he kicks arse I really do

Comment

Niddy I am just astonished as to how long this has been dragging on for 16 yrs is a hell of a long time why?

Comment

I remember reading this in the paper .... I agree there were errors, but it was fairly simple to sort out in the first place!

Comment

I am just astonished as to how long this has been dragging on for 16 yrs is a hell of a long time why?
                        Maybe lawyers have a vested interest? Aren't there £250k legal costs at stake

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                          Maybe lawyers have a vested interest? Aren't there £250k legal costs at stake
                          Over a £1500 laptop!

Comment

A little common sense in the first place could have avoided this.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              A little common sense in the first place could have avoided this.
                              We are talking both PCWorld and HFC here. No chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X