GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capquest debt hell!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capquest debt hell!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest debt hell!!

Hi there,

Im hoping you can help me with an ongoing debt i have had since 2003.

I stupidly signed for a Credit Card in a Halifax in Feb 2003.

I did not have a formal chat with a Halifax Representative i simply was asked would you like a credit card and the downward spiral started.

I was young and i over spent on credit card this debt gained interest over many years, and i was unable to make any considerable payments.

Looking back i did not understand the problems that having a credit card would entail.

As i did not make any payments for a considerable amount of time, Halifax sold the debt to Capquest Debt Recovery.

Since this debt has been sold to Capquest i have had many phone calls at work, late at night and at parents house.

I have corresponded with Capquest for may years and now i feel i need Financial Advice.

The Customer service has been rude, threatening and I simply feel i have been harassed especially these last few months.

I only have a problem with Capquest and i am continuing to pay my current Credit Card Barclaycard.

As the ongoing situation with Capquest has been a distressing and stressful matter i thought i would ask for assistance and advice.
    I have made a basic diary of events of the last number of years/months.

Debt sold from Halifax to Capquest 8th July 2008.

24 MARCH 2009 received letter offering a settlement figure from Capquest for £1357.20
    Capquest Called I then entered into an arrangement to repay this debt over x4 monthly payments.

I then struggled to pay these payments that i agreed over the phone.

21 JULY 2009 received Stat Demand

25 JULY 2009 CCA Request sent to capquest

28 JULY 2009 Copy of the notice of assignment for account together with a statement of account recieved.

28 JULY 2009 Halifax letter received dated 08 July 2008 - Halifax plc have sold your account to capquest investments limited.I confirm that the amount outstanding on your account as at 12 may 08 was £2670.00.

29 JULY 2009 Letter received from Capquest - account is now on hold for 28 days whilst we obtain the information required.

7TH AUGUST 2009 CAPQUEST failed to provide the CCA withing the 12+2 days

27 AUGUST 2009 Letter received from Capquest - Further to you recent correspondence.
    Please find enclosed copy document(s) as requested. If you are not currently repaying this account on an agreed arrangement it is now imperative that you deal with this matter immediately by sending your payment to CAPQUEST..........
    We have placed your account on hold until 03 SEP 2009, if we do not receive contact from you by this date, your account will be passed on to our collection department for further action.

Documents which i received in this letter were a Photocopy of Halifax Credit Card Apllication Form PLEASE SEE ATTACHED i have also blocked my name and details on this scanned image as i have seeked help online,

01 SEPTEMBER 2009 Letter sent to Capquest my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 This account is in Dispute Requesting that Capquest supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.
    In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

18 NOVEMBER 2009 another letter sent to capquest as i do not believe a valid CCA very much similar to above.

26 NOVEMBER 2009 Letter recieved from Capquest stating i signed a Credit Agreement in the signitature box it states This is a credit agreement regulated by the Conusmer Act 1974.
    Sign it if you want to be legally bound by its terms "signed by me 06/02/13

30 APRIL 2010 Capquest sent me yet again photocopy Credit Card Application form and some terms and condtions on seperate bit of A4 paper which i have never seen and does not contain my signiture or anything i am aware of.
    PLEASE SEE ATTACHED i have also blocked my name and details on this scanned image as i have seeked help online,

24 MAY 2010 Letter from H L Legal In the matter Capquest Investments Limited V XXXXX
    Re: Halifax Plc
    Balance £2200.00
    This Firm acts for Capquest Debt recovery Limited, who are agents for capquest investments Limited.
    You have entered into an arrangement to repay this debt, which you have failed to honour, the last being on 09 Jan 09 for the amount of £95.00.
    Take notice: If you fail to repay the arrears on the arrangment you have made of £1168.00 by 29th May 2010, or make contact with our client on the number shown above. Your case will be prepared for litligation for the full outstanding balance of £2200.00.
    Legal Procedings will incur the following costs:
    Balance of account £2200.00
    Court Costs £75.00
    Solicitors Costs £80.00
    Total £2355.00
    Interest will also be added accuring on a daily basis
    To avoid this action you must make a payment without delay by contacting the Capquest Debt administration Office on 0871 527 0327
    calls charged at 10p per minute from a land line by 29 may 10

11 JUNE 2010 Letter to Capquest sent Refusal by Lender/DCA - to accept Unenforceability sent this letter as CCA had no prescribed terms and conditions,

12 DECEMBER 2010 Letter recieved from Capquest - On the 20 July 09 a statutory demand for bankrupty was sent to you, you responded to by offering a proposal to repay this debt without the need of further action. Your Offer was accepted and the legal process halted.
    However, because of your failure to comply with the agreed proposal we find ourselves with no other alternative but to instruct our field agents Resolvecall

15 DECEMBER 2010 Letter sent to Capquest from me saying i wish not to communicate via phone only by post.

28 JUNE 2013 letter recieved from capquest stating account not resolved account now transfered to past due credit solutions on 26 JUNE 13

05 AUGUST 2013 letter final responce letter recived from past due credit solutions i asked for validation of debt they asked me for £1 payment. which i never did pay! account on hold for 28 days.

16 AUGUST 2013 letter recieved from Capquest stating that account has been sold to Capquest Investments limited who in turn have appointed Capquest Debt Recovery ltd to manage account.

17 SEPTEMBER 2013 assumed i had a statue barred case and wrote to Capquest and past due credit solutions stating that was Stat barred after 6 years

20 SEPTEMBER 2013 Recived short letter from Capquest stating NOT STAT BARRED and how would i like to proceed.

17 OCTOBER 2013 sent a letter to Capquest stating again i believed was Stat barred and no further contact to be made.

07 NOVEMBER 2013 Letter recived from Capquest stating again not stat barred and as they have recieved payments. sent me a print out of their computer system screen with alledged payments
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a.../statement.jpg

27 NOVEMBER 2013
    Capquest still are continuing persisting to call.
    I am not talking to them i only communicate via post!
    They are making me stressed and ill they are really pressurizing myself.
    As you may have seen from my previous posts i am having great difficulty with this debt company this has been on going for many years.

I have just received my Barclays bank statements which i have requested as Capquest have "claimed" this debt is not statue barred so i wanted to investigate Unfortunately it DOES show that i have made payments on
    01/10/08 £250.00 (First Direct Debit)
    09/01/09 £20.00 CCP i assume this Credit card payment via over Phone?
    23/03/09 £62.00 CCP " "

I Cant find any records of any payment on 12 May 2008 which they claimed in a previous letter or 04/09/08 £150.00 as on statement which they claim was a card payment.

Another Strange concern is i recieved a letter dated 8th July 2008 from Halifax stating that my account has been sold to Capquest.

I recieved a letter on 20th September 2013 from Capquest saying a payment was made on 12th May 2008 i have no record of this!

If you look at bottom of letter 08/07/08 Halifax amount outstanding on your account as at 12 May 2008 was £2670.00 - Capquest claim a payment has been made on 12 May 2008 yet on there computer statement screen printout on 04/07/08 its same value £2670.00 this is not a payment!!!

I understand i have made a direct debit payment and x2 phone payments back in 2008/9

Does this look likely that i will have to pay now as not stat barred.

Should i ask for a settlement figure and what amount shall i pay?

Is the CCA Legal?

If you have any advice i would be most grateful.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Last edited by IF; 28 November 2013, 19:25. Reason: Removed personal info

Re: Capquest debt hell!!

Hi MRDOLLAR. We don't need details of your income and expenses on this site.

I would send a new CCA request to Capquest together with a £1 postal order. Send it recorded delivery. We also have a template letter for Harassment by telephone

Has nothing happened about the Stat Demand since December 2010?

What's the status of your Barclaycard account?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi pixie thank you so much for your response.
      Nothing happened with the stat demand think that was a threat.
      I have asked for 2 requests and every time they send me a photocopy of credit card application but they say this is enough as in 2003 there is a box which I signed stating that I agree to all cca terms and conditions.
      There were no terms etc apr rates on this form.
      Along with this application form they also sent separate terms and conditions which did not have my signature on.
      I feel this is going round in circles.
      I now know this is not stat barred as I have made small payments as above.
      Of course i accept my mistakes should I ask for a settlement?

I currently have a barclaycard which I am in control of and pay monthly currently £2500 on and a credit limit of £7000
      Should I ask for a settlement and pay on my barclaycard?
      I do not have the funds to pay any other way.
      Thank you for you advice.

Comment

I would suggest sending a copy of the application form to Niddy, so that he can advise you with regards to UE.
        Then you can send Capquest a suitable reply, but I wouldn't pay them another penny, certainly don't offer a repayment or do anything that resets the statute barred clock on this.
        Capquest are the reason for me finding help with my debts, they are extremely unpleasant and I can only assume that their staff are on a low wage, so reliant on getting a bonus.
        they also sent me a stat demand, which I successfully defended in court, they didn't even send a solicitor, the debts are now sb'd, so their harassment came to nothing :-)

Comment

Why would you ask for a settlement, especially when it's only18 months or so from being SB?

Sorry Dibs but I think MRDOLLAR should send a new cca request to Capquest - see what Niddy has had to say recently about CapQuest (from The Scarednshakins' UE diary)

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

yea please resend as CQ are claim happy so we need to keep an eye on them. See my last post regards the Amex one. Send a new s.78 ASAP direct to CQ.
          If other AADers get an assignment from CQ ask them to send a new s.78 / s.77 direct to CQ as soon as poss. They will issue a claim, they're proper bad
          I also received a CCA from them 3 years ago but I've recently sent a new cca request. They're a different kettle of fish now to a few years ago.

Their "Fresh Approach" and management changes forced their hand. They're scum like Lowell now.

See this -> http://www.capquest.co.uk

bragging about a new approach grrrrrr

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks you again for advice.
            This is what they sent http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...R/MrDollar.jpg
            They sent with this photocopy separate terms and conditions which I had never seen or signed.
            So you think request another CCA.
            I will get on the case ASAP!
            How would I get in touch with niddy ?
            Any advice for me if the CCA is same as previous year?

Comment

let's get another CCA and then upload to Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by MRDOLLAR View Post
                Halifax sold the debt to Capquest Debt Recovery. . . . . 21 JULY 2009 received Stat Demand. . . You have entered into an arrangement to repay this debt, which you have failed to honour, the last being on 09 Jan 09 for the amount of £95.00. . . . 12 DECEMBER 2010 Letter recieved from Capquest - On the 20 July 09 a statutory demand for bankrupty was sent to you, you responded to by offering a proposal to repay this debt without the need of further action. Your Offer was accepted and the legal process halted

. . . 17 SEPTEMBER 2013 assumed i had a statue barred case and wrote to Capquest and past due credit solutions stating that was Stat barred after 6 years. 20 SEPTEMBER 2013 Recived short letter from Capquest stating NOT STAT BARRED.
                I think you need to establish the legal position with that statutory demand. I don't believe a SD has a sell-by date which means you could be still vulnerable to the creditor petitioning for bankruptcy unless it was formally set aside at the time. You say you were told that legal proceedings were "halted" but does that mean the creditor simply didn't progress to the BR petition stage or was the SD actually set aside?

This debt won't be statute barred if you made a payment or acknowledged the debt in the last six years. Entering into an arrangement to pay in 2009 may be considered as an acknowledgement even if you never made any payment.

Comment

Nothing happened with the stat demand think that was a threat.
                  A statutory demand is not a threat it's for real.

Comment

MR DOLLAR I've removed your personal finance details, to safeguard your identity.

IF
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I currently have a barclaycard which I am in control of and pay monthly currently £2500 on and a credit limit of £7000. Should I ask for a settlement and pay on my barclaycard? I do not have the funds to pay any other way.
                      It's good to see you have a fall-back position if you can't resolve the CapQuest issue and you find your back against the wall. Let's hope you don't need to do that though

Check out the Halifax CCA situation first with Niddy and then make your decision

Comment

Thanks all ,
                        Right where can I get a template letter for cca request this will be the third time I have done this!
                        Fingers crossed!
                        Also how can I contact niddy I am new to this forum.
                        Many thanks

Comment

Here you go

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...2-cca-requests

Comment

Hi MRDOLLAR. I gave you the link for the cca request in post #2... just click where it says "CCA Request" in blue. There's also the link to the telephone harassment template in post #2.

Comment

Pixie thank you so much fingers crossed !

Comment

Working...
                              X