GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homebuy Direct (2nd charge mortgages) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homebuy Direct (2nd charge mortgages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebuy Direct (2nd charge mortgages)

I purchased a house using the Governments Homebuy Direct scheme.
    I financed 70% of the purchase price (repayment mnortgage and cash) the remaining 30% was funded by the developer and Homes & Communities Agency (HCA) who have equal ranking 2nd charges registered against my property.
    When the Equity Mortgages were signed I was not provided with "consideration copies" 7 days before I signed, nor was I given copies of the agreements post execution. In fact I was not given any copy whatsoever to keep.
    Apparently the HCA's Equity Mortgage agreement is exempt from the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and is not regulated by the OFT. The developers Equity Mortgage is subject to the provisions of the CCA, including the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1989 and is regulated by the OFT.
    Neither agreement was executed in accordance with the CCA and as I understand it the developers agreement in unenforceable unless on the order of the Court.
    I don't expect the charges to be cancelled but these "lenders" can't be allowed to ignore legislative requirements and there not be any consequence for failing to do so.
    I welcome any suggestions!

Re: Homebuy Direct (2nd charge mortgages)

The 2nd charge is secured on your property, so I'm a bit lost as to what you're trying to achieve here.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I can't see what they have done has harmed you at all or am I missing something.

Also did you know about the short comings in their process and what do you want done?

Comment

Theres not really alot of information in your post.

With regards to the 30% element - was this a loan that you are repaying, or do they own 30% of the house - and therefore its future value? If its not a loan, it wouldnt be regulated as far as I can see.

As for the mortgage, which I am not too knowledgeable on, I really cant see that a mortgage company would give you no paperwork whatsoever? Not saying they didnt neglect to do this, but would seem a pretty shoddy company if that was their stance.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X