GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg to Barclaycard to Marlin - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg to Barclaycard to Marlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg to Barclaycard to Marlin

A few users will be aware of a mass purchase by Marlin of some old Egg accounts that were sold onto Barclaycard.

I've started my own thread to keep track more easily and will update as and when.

Fortunately the balance on this one is relatively low (under £900) and I did ask Egg to add it to my Egg loan that was coming to an end a couple of years ago, when my hours were reduced at work. They refused, I found CAG and ceased payments.

I've not heard a thing for a long time until last week when BC sent a letter confirming that the debt had been assigned to Marlins.

Like others on here, the account numbers quoted on the letters don't relate to the old Egg cards and don't even refer to Egg! The only reason I recognised it was because of the amount.

I have sent of the 'Prove it letter' from the library today and will await their response.

Re: Egg to Barclaycard to Marlin

I did exactly the same thing, marypoppins, I had a half paid loan and the card and asked them to combine the two, to reduce my monthly payments by £150 when I was struggling. They refused me too, so they can whistle.

Just cross referencing your thread with the general one, for the benefit of anyone Googling for help:

Marlin Mass purchase of Barclaycard Debts

Comment

Thanks for that Elsa.

The more annoying thought is that the loan was to pay off the card which was likely to have been unenforceable.

They didn't hesitate to transfer the card onto the loan! I think I realise why now!

Helpful banks...................NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
        Thanks for that Elsa.

The more annoying thought is that the loan was to pay off the card which was likely to have been unenforceable.

They didn't hesitate to transfer the card onto the loan! I think I realise why now!

Helpful banks...................NOT!
        Sounds familiar! = Banks Deceit.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Evening all,

Same with me of sorts. Told them I'd lost my job and they upped the interest rate by 10%. How the hell is that supposed to help me out of a hole? So I gave them the finger and here we are now.

Helpful my ARSE

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
          "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

With me they debited my bank account at odd times; took me overdrawn causing the debit to bounce; represented immediately with same effect and generally adding to bank charges doing so.

In the end the bank removed the Direct Debit, as there was some rule about if you fail to cover a DD so many times they remove it.

So, in my opinion, they bit off the hand that fed them.

Comment

i had an egg card which was brought by barclaycard 2.5k debt got no help when i needed it from egg ,so stopped payment,just recieved my cca back but there is no signed agreement so im sending the missing pts letter just waiting for the ok from niddy

Comment

Originally posted by davidm View Post
                i had an egg card which was brought by barclaycard 2.5k debt got no help when i needed it from egg ,so stopped payment,just recieved my cca back but there is no signed agreement so im sending the missing pts letter just waiting for the ok from niddy
                This is enforceable, you applied online....

Sadly your options are blag it for a while or literally arrange repayments. Luckily it is only a small debt so not going to cripple you too much. Can you clarify, was there PPI on this?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  This is enforceable, you applied online....

Sadly your options are blag it for a while or literally arrange repayments. Luckily it is only a small debt so not going to cripple you too much. Can you clarify, was there PPI on this?

im almost sure there was no ppi on this niddy

Comment

I have now had a response from Marlins explaining the history of the card, date started and the previous egg account number.

Requesting that I complete the very probing Inc/Exp form enclosed and provide proof of any benefits I am in receipt of within 10 days.

Elsa has had the same and I guess lots of others will be getting them too!

CCA to be sent off and will update when I hear further.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                      I have now had a response from Marlins explaining the history of the card, date started and the previous egg account number.

Requesting that I complete the very probing Inc/Exp form enclosed and provide proof of any benefits I am in receipt of within 10 days.

Elsa has had the same and I guess lots of others will be getting them too!

CCA to be sent off and will update when I hear further.
                      didnt get an I&E form

Comment

It's really not that exciting David but can send you a copy if you want one!

Comment

thanks anyway but i can get one off the forum and also they havent asked for one yet

Comment

This is virtually identical to my own case, it looks like this path is going to become extremely well trodden.

Have had the history of the card letter and will await their first proper threatening letter, so they can't use the "we bought the accounts in good faith" argument then will send off the CCA request

Comment

I've finally done the CCA letter to send off tomorrow.

I have had the postal order crossed and will make it payable to Marlins so only they can bank it.

If they do not have my CCA (which they should have due to the assignment)they will have to get it from BC or Egg who will be unable to cash the postal order!

I like to make things more difficult if I possibly can!

Comment

Working...
                              X