GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script T Mobile Rolling Contract - Default for £23! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T Mobile Rolling Contract - Default for £23!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Mobile Rolling Contract - Default for £23!

Hey guys, just some general advice really.

Friend of mine was telling me today about T Mobile, and wondered if there was anything more he can do.

Bit of background info.

He took out a 30 day rolling contract with T Mobile some time ago because part of the deal was he could get a phone cheaper that way.

The sales person, told him that as its a 30 day rolling contract he could cancel the direct debit at any time, and would just be due to pay the balance up to the 30th day of the month.

Great he thought, its £10 a month, so i can spare that for a while before i cancel.

He never used the Sim card, it never came out the wrapper, he only wanted the phone.

He paid T Mobile for 3 months (£30) and decided to cancel the direct debit.

He was checking his credit report on noodle some time later and noticed T Mobile had registered a default for £23.

He telephoned them and explained what the sales person said he could do and they said he was told incorrect info, and he owed £23.

He explained he never used the sim card, they have had £30 off him, for Free, surely based on that, and a gesture of goodwill they could remove the default and £23 owed.

They said no, the £23 is money owed from when he canceled the direct debit to when they ended the contract, and was nothing he could do.

He asked to speak to a manager, and they basically said no you cant.

He raised a dispute with the CRA, they contacted T Mobile and replied to him stating the default is valid and should remain.

He wrote a letter to T Mobile and has not had any sort of response.

Surely there must be a way to make them see, its unfair to register a default for £23 when they clearly shouldnt have charged him after the 30th day of the month when its a 30 day rolling contract??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: T Mobile Rolling Contract - Default for £23!

That's scandalous!

Maybe an email to the CEO of T Mobile olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie, he couldnt find an email for them, i told him one of you guys would get it!

Comment

There's a whole website of them CEO e-mail addresses - CEO email address - chief executive officer - managing director list - UK - US - Asia - customer services - customer care

Very useful and it gives the date that the CEO email was verified. In the case of T-Mobile it was 28/9/12 so up-to-date.

Comment

Update for anyone whos interested.

Advised my mate to email the ceo with the email address Pixie provided.

Told him to give them grief, and basically say that they have f'd any chance of him obtaining credit for 6 years over £23, and if it wasnt resolved he would take the matter to FOS and OFT.

He got a phone call from T Mobile the next day...They agreed to remove the default and wipe the balance, close the account.

Result!

Comment

That'll be £23 please. 14 days or we default you

Well done
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great result SXGuy ...though it should never have got that far...let alone for £23!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Great result SXGuy ...though it should never have got that far...let alone for £23!
                True, i mean knowing my mate he prob ignored the demands for payment and a DN or whatever they sent for contracts but its resolved now anyway lol

Comment

Working...
                X