GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script T999 Car Insurance & Trevor Munn Sols - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T999 Car Insurance & Trevor Munn Sols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T999 Car Insurance & Trevor Munn Sols

Last year I cancelled my car insurance as I could not afford to keep my car due to all the other financial mess I was/am currently dealing with so thought it would be best to cut down as much as I could on expenses.

Transport is no problem as there is a bus stop right opposite my front door . Anyways, I cancelled my car insurance and there was a few months still outstanding. I wrote to the Insurance company explaining my situation and kindly requested the cancel my insurance and not charge me any fine or penalty for cancelling early. They replied that they sympathised with my situation but however I still owed them approx £40-£50.

I could not and did not want to pay that sum....and with everything else I was having to deal with at that time...just left things as they were.

Then in May 12 I received a letter from Trevor Munn Solicitors and looks the insurance company have added costs to the debt they believe I owe....I wrote back with a prove it letter and received another letter from TMS saying that they are not going to take any further action at present and the insurance company are going to contact me directly.

Look in their first letter? they have threatened to issue a court claim against me for £97.74? WTF? with all the crap I am dealing with at this moment this sum is like a 1st class stamp and they must be pissed.....it is not that I am avoiding paying any sum which I have to but considering the circumstances and how I have been treated they can in my eyes plainly just fuck off....and that is all.

So I am going to wait and see what the insurance company reply with and deal with it then...but for now I am going to do nothing....unless anyone else has any input. This matter is going to be added to my long list of crap to deal with and is going right at the bottom of the list...along with Vanquis.
    Last edited by transformer999; 16 June 2012, 09:51.

Re: T999 Car Insurane & Trevor Munn Sols

I;m trying to post up the letters but having some problems and this is what they wrote:

Date 11 June 2012

Dear Madam,

I am writing in response to your letter dated 4 June 2012.

I received instructions from ARC (Europe) Ltd to write to you in relation to the above matter. I have followed those instructions which I am obliged to do.

I understand that ARC (Europe) Ltd are liaising with Auto Direct Insurance Services and I have been instructed to take no further action on this matter at present in order to allow my client the opportunity to reply directly to your letter.

I trust this answers your concerns.

Yours sincerely

Last edited by transformer999; 16 June 2012, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by transformer999 View Post

Look in their first letter? they have threatened to issue a court claim against me for £97.74? WTF? with all the crap I am dealing with at this moment this sum is like a 1st class stamp and they must be pissed.....it is not that I am avoiding paying any sum which I have to but considering the circumstances and how I have been treated they can in my eyes plainly just fuck off....and that is all.

So I am going to wait and see what the insurance company reply with and deal with it then...but for now I am going to do nothing....unless anyone else has any input. This matter is going to be added to my long list of crap to deal with and is going right at the bottom of the list...along with Vanquis.
      Easy. A quick letter of formal complaint to the car insurance company and then off to the FOS if they don't drop the claim. But be warned that most insurance policies contain a clause allowing them to charge a cancellation fee during the period of existing insurance cover, but I think the FOS usually state that anything over £15 - £25 is excessive because they shouldn't charge more than the actual cost of the administration involved in cancelling your policy. It's only the click of a mouse for God's sake

Comment

Thanks PlanB....I think yes maybe I should do that...ok...I will write to the car insurance company this weekend...I know that they have added approx £50 in charges.....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by transformer999; 16 June 2012, 11:11.

Comment

What a pathetic letter from a small time solicitor who only deals with property transactions and not litigation http://www.trevormunn.co.uk/index.html

Did you have a claim during that policy year? Sometimes an insurance company will charge a higher exit penalty if they have already paid out under the policy - typically the balance of the full year's premium. It'll all be spelt out in the original Ts & Cs

Anyway weren't you living at your sister's house when those original letters were sent so you never actually received them

If I was writing to the insurance company I would say that this is all news to me and ask them what the f*ck it's all about. Put the ball back in their court to prove that you owe them anything

Comment

Will do PlanB....and no I did not have any claim with them and just going to dig through the paperwork with references to dates on when I was at my sisters last year...I know I moved out on the 15 April 2011 and returned home after IT had left for India...and came back home on the 29 May 2011.....my word.....time has flown hasn't it? and still no reply from that twat yet either

Comment

I have received a response from the Car Insurance Company...bloody hell that was quick...and looks like they have added three charges of £15 totaling £45.

I would like to ask them to refund this plus the legal protection fee they added to the insurance of £35...so £45 + £35 = £80....and £80 taken from the £97.74 they believe I owe is £17.74 which I am sure I will be able to afford that.

Is there any point in writing to them and putting forward my proposal? as they have asked me to respond withing 10 days with a reasonable repayment proposal...and I think the above is very reasonable?
              Attached Files

Comment

I have read the above letter and noticed that it is from ARC Europe Limited. The Car Insurance Company my insurance was with is called Auto Direct Insurance....and the letter is from ARC advising that they have taken assignment of the debt.

I still am not sure what the breakdown of charges are completely for and was having a giggle thinking that maybe I should send ARC the same letter I sent Trevor Munn Sols....about asking them to prove the debt?

For nothing else but just buy a little time whilst I deal with more important matters...and they can't say that I have ignored them as I have always responded to their letters. Then ARC will have to provide me with evidence that I owe them £97.74...perhaps a copy of the car insurance agreement with the terms and conditions?

Think I will send that letter tomorrow....and see what reply ARC give.

Comment

oh man this is so like my old house insurance. I am having a bloody to do with Trevor Munn and ARC....

I wrote and cancelled before renewal due date and yep you got it, they said they never received it Due 14 December 2011 next correspondence April 2012 saying failed to collect Jan and Febs DD.

Wrote and told em, but then hiked with collection charges... I have been told now by Mr Munn 10 days or else it's court. Reply to Mr Munn and ARC,, bring it on, see you in my local County Court as I am going to fight this.

don't you just hate rip off britan. Oh transformer have you heard anything since./????
                  Last edited by still looking; 13 July 2012, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
                  X