GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Asking creditor to write off money owed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking creditor to write off money owed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking creditor to write off money owed

Hi
    The question is, after 4 months of not paying anyone and going down the UE route with some success do you think it is worth asking my creditors to write off my debts and what are the chances.
    Obviously those that are UE or not responded to a cca request (pre2007) I wouldn't bother with and my biggy (£15K) i wouldn't either

My sistuation is
    No job , on ESA and no likelyhood of even being able to apply for a job this year or maybe for a few more years
    No assets

I am mainly thinking of the PDL's . I am quite happy to explain that I am on ESA but further specific details I would prefer not talk about .
    I am happy to go to cashflow or any other free provider (suggestions please) and produce a CFS

The other part is my two old ccjs that again have not been paid for 4 months

Any thoughts?
    Do I just let sleeping dogs lie until I know more about my future?

Re: Asking creditor to write off money owed

I think most likely would be them selling the debt on to debt collectors. Or if already there, down to a yet lower tier of worse DCA bottom feeders.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is you medical conditions long term? If they are it's worth a shot and the MALG Guidelines will be useful for you specially if your GP and/or Consultant can provide you with a medical statement.

Have a read of the MALG stuff here:

Home

Comment

Debt write off templates --> allaboutDEBT | Our Templates | General Debt Templates

Risky. Not something I'd do unless they make serious threats.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Also, why would you wish to acknowledge the debt? Let the clock tick

(See... I'm learning :P )

Comment

Thanks everyone.
            Advice much appreciated . I will leave it all for a while.

Comment

Very wise - too early at the moment. Getting a debt written off is not easy to achieve if you are reasonably fit. Significant medical evidence can make quite a difference, as can being able to demonstrate extreme financial hardship, but I mean extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                but I mean extreme.
                Like living in a car/board box etc
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X