GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ relating to admin charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ relating to admin charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ relating to admin charges

Hi, we have a ccj on our credit file we are trying to get removed due to the fact it seems it is purely based on Admin charges, can they issue ccj for this.

Ihave been contesting this debt for about 16 months, written many letters because i knew i paid errears of 2 payments becaus i lent money off my parents to do so.

Irecieved letter this week saying they are writing debt off which is good, but still not entirely happy as i believe it shouldnt have been there in first place

Im not sure of rules when it comes to admin charges...can they default your credit file and issue ccj.. oh and it was put on land registry for the pricely amount of £549 Plus court costs taking it to £697.

Re: CCJ relating to admin charges

Hi

admin charges for what? If these charges went unpaid then yes, they could apply for a CCJ like any other *debt* but your vagueness means it wasn't a simple case of you getting a charge then a ccj on the back of that. By that I mean, assume you had a debt of say £1000 and you paid it then they added charges afterwards and got a ccj for those, you'd have a good chance.

If however they got a ccj for a charge, lets say service charge for £500 for cleaning in your flats, then this would be perfectly acceptable.

Thus you understand my request for more detailed info

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hi

admin charges for what? If these charges went unpaid then yes, they could apply for a CCJ like any other *debt* but your vagueness means it wasn't a simple case of you getting a charge then a ccj on the back of that. By that I mean, assume you had a debt of say £1000 and you paid it then they added charges afterwards and got a ccj for those, you'd have a good chance.

If however they got a ccj for a charge, lets say service charge for £500 for cleaning in your flats, then this would be perfectly acceptable.

Thus you understand my request for more detailed info

Thanks
      It seems to be collection costs,admin charge letters and migrated charges sepearate to collection and admin not sure what migrated are

Comment

Originally posted by flippedserenity View Post
        It seems to be collection costs,admin charge letters and migrated charges sepearate to collection and admin not sure what migrated are
        for what?

That is the question what? What is it? What are the charges, for what? a service/debt/what?

Someone can't just come and say "you owe me charges - pay up" - charges for "what" exactly?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

for what?

That is the question what? What is it? What are the charges, for what? a service/debt/what?

Someone can't just come and say "you owe me charges - pay up" - charges for "what" exactly?
          It was finance for car, we fell behind for 2 payments.

2 returned direct debits...7 collection costs dont know what that means and all different amounts, 2 admin charge for letters (2), 10 migrated charges again all for different amounts. all payments for car were paid. Like i say we missed to consecutive months, then settled well so i thought within the next 2

Ithink ineed to add i had no notification of ccj,default or land registry the first we knew was when we obtained access to experian...hence quite a few letters being written;
          Which as resulted in it being written off, but like i say im unhappy it was there in first place the loan run from 2004 to 2007 we got accsess to our credit file about 18 months ago

sorry if a bit vague the only charges i fully understand are the charges for the letters they sent the others i dont know what they are... perhaps migrated is interest

Comment

Who was the OC? Was it GE money/Santander?

I'll come back to this later but really we need a lot more info. I'm blind here so can't offer help. Our on site solicitor may know more but yea, it should be removed. I'd suggest you send a copy of everything to the court and ask them to set it aside as an error but without facts it's hard to suggest much.

The FOS is also a good place to complain ESPECIALLY if the OC admitted they got things wrong (can u email me copies of letters)??

Comment

Who was the OC? Was it GE money/Santander?

I'll come back to this later but really we need a lot more info. I'm blind here so can't offer help. Our on site solicitor may know more but yea, it should be removed. I'd suggest you send a copy of everything to the court and ask them to set it aside as an error but without facts it's hard to suggest much.

The FOS is also a good place to complain ESPECIALLY if the OC admitted they got things wrong (can u email me copies of letters)??
              It was with RFS which round about the same time as us falling behind it changed to RCI.

Ineed to also add when seeing ccj and default i had to phone the court to find out who held the debt, Northhampton County Court told me it was company called Bermans and that i had to ring Manchester court for their address.
              I wrote 5 letters requesting info not getting 1 reply from Bermans, in the end back in Feb. i phoned them only to be told they had just that week passed it to company called Solex, so iwrote to them within 2 weeks we received letter saying their client no longer wished to pursue this debt and they were writing it off. Solex said they will remove land registry am now trying to get default and ccj took off as still showing on file.

Comment

You mean they also got a charging order???

Sorry well confused

Comment

You mean they also got a charging order???

Sorry well confused
                  So are we....didnt know we had charging order until Solex said Monday they will be removing one

Comment

Working...
                  X