GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where to start - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start

Hi all !

I've been keeping an eye on you all since mse as I knew the day would arrive when I would need your help. Other Halfs business and pension have nose-dived over the last three years and trying to stay afloat has caused the debts build up.

We have decided to sell our home to pay these debts (). It may take a while but in the meantime I want to fend off the attacks from the credit card companies. These are mbna/halifax/capitalone, all pre 2000, all in OH's name, and we now cannot pay the minimum repayments. I thought I would start at the bottom of the letter ladder and offer them £1 per month. Shall I send a crossed postal order, or can I send a cheque signed by myself ?

I have to cut this first post short - I'll be back in a while.

Thanks for a great community !!

Re: Where to start

have you considered unenforceability ?

Have a read here ....>.....UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, In2deep

Well I have thought about it, but then the debts are not in my name. OH is old school and will want to pay them. But I will have no qualms in requesting a cca if necessary. However, only this morning I read on mse of someone who lost a court case even without a proper agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleandStrife View Post
        Thanks, In2deep

Well I have thought about it, but then the debts are not in my name. OH is old school and will want to pay them. But I will have no qualms in requesting a cca if necessary. However, only this morning I read on mse of someone who lost a court case even without a proper agreement.
        We don't let it get that far........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, In2deep

You've nothing to lose by trying UE - and a lot to gain.

What was the name of the person who lost the court case?
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks Pixie,

It took me hours to find this again

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=2079

Comment

Thank you Flowerpower

That's something to think about. I was hoping to string the process out until the house sold. I wonder though, if any of these cc's are enforcible they may be less inclined to accept token payments.

Comment

Thanks Pixie,

It took me hours to find this again

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=2079
                That seems to refer to a case in the Australian colonies, where the law is somewhat different and where the Consumer Credit Act 1974 has never applied.

Comment

Hello again....

Well, I've managed to get the three credit card companies to accept £1 per month for six months....it was easier than I expected. Now just got to find somewhere to live as our house has had three offers within two weeks !

Comment

Well, I've managed to get the three credit card companies to accept £1 per month for six months....it was easier than I expected. Now just got to find somewhere to live as our house has had three offers within two weeks !
                    Has your house indicated which offer it will accept?

Comment

Thus we always say start the cca process. That way no matter what, you're semi covered and can then bring s.78 etc into the fight (if they try and take action)

Why are we discussing MSE here? MSE know as much about UE/Court processes as my left testicle
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Why are we discussing MSE here? MSE know as much about UE/Court processes as my left testicle
                        So how much does MSE (Moron Spongiform Encephalopathy?) know about your left testicle - and why?
                        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 29 March 2012, 09:52.

Comment

Working...
                        X