GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 2 Defaults (kind of) but same account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Defaults (kind of) but same account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Defaults (kind of) but same account?

Hi niddy and team. Still going through Mrs Livi.till.i.die's accounts and came across this when we updated her Experian Credit Report. This is the same account. The first one states settled even though it is the same account. She has only ever had 1 Welcome Finance account. The second account was started on the same day and went straight to "8" - Default. No Default notice no nothing just seems to be sold from Welcome Finance to Welcome Finance and now show 2 bad credit reports. The first showing a "6" as the last history and the second just going straight to "8". She has been paying this hand over fist for nearly 3 years and has smashed the total right down. Still an outstanding balance but just dont understand why there are 2 entries on her account for the same thing?

Name: MRS xxxxxxxxxx
    Address: xxxxxxxxxx
    Date of birth: xx/xx/xx
    Company name: WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD
    Account type: Loan
    Started: 10/01/2007
    Current Balance : Settled
    Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £105 over 36 months
    Settled On : 10/12/2007
    File Updated for the Period to: 23/12/2007
    Status history: 6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 0 0
    Summary of payment history: In the last 12 months of account activity, the number of status 1-2 is 2 and
    the number of status 3 is 2

Name: MRS xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date of birth: xx/xx/xx
    Company name: WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD
    Account type: Loan
    Special Instruction Indicator: Debt Management Programme (what?)
    Special Instruction Start Date: 01/03/2008 (starts and end the next month?)
    Special Instruction End Date: 01/04/2008
    Started: 10/12/2007
    Default Balance : £3,633
    Current Balance : £637
    Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £34 over 183 months
    Defaulted On : 22/09/2008
    File Updated for the Period to: 05/12/2010
    Status history: 8
    Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Re: 2 Defaults (kind of) but same account?

It looks like she took the account and started with a loan of £105 over 3 years - then after a few payments she went into arrears, then the following year she went onto a repayment scheme with them.... basically one should be settled and one should be outstanding, which is the case here so it's right, but slightly misleading....

As she has other debts, forget the state of the credit file right now - it really doesn't matter and certainly doesn't warrant wasting energy fighting things when you'll have plenty of that to do fighting for UE
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X