GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Removal? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Removal?

Hi guys,

I posted here before the forum changeover and my post seems to be missing!

Is there anywhere to get it back, so I could get some advice?

The original post was here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/v...=55&t=1096&e=0

But seems to have gone missing in the changeover.

Any help?!

Cheers guys

Re: Default Removal?

Your link will not work but see here--> http://oldforum.all-about-debt.co.uk...hp?f=55&t=1096

Copy & paste your original post & post in a new reply here.

Comment

Ahhh...brilliant! Well here it is:

Hi guys,

I found this wonderful forum from Google, and I need some assistance!

I have three defaults on my account:

1. Which from HSBC marked as 'Satisfied' which defaulted on 22/07/05 (This should be removed in July 2011 right?)

2. One from Lowell (via Capital One) for £1099 which defaulted on 29/05/07

3. Another from Lowell (via Halifax Student Account) for £1249 which defaulted on 22/02/07

I also have two settled accounts:

1. Barclays current account - settled 04/10/07 with 00000000 as the status history

2. HSBC current account - settled 29/02/08 with 003210000000 as the status history

I need to remove the two settled accounts, plus the two defaults from the Lowell accounts. The HSBC marked as satisfied should be removed automatically this year, because of the six year auto removal right?

Let me know first steps to attempting at removing these, and if you need any more info. Do I need to send a letter?

I will keep everyone updated on this thread so it can be used by others!

Thanks!

Comment

Unless they have done something drastically wrong, it will prove difficult to remove these (though not impossible)

I dont understand why you want to remove the settled accounts?! They have no adverse affect on your credit file.

The defaults, although present, due to the low value and the fact they are over three years old, will also have little effect unless a full search is done - ie 6 years rather than 3.

Is there a desperate need to remove these? The fight to do so could take as long as letting them drop off.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Oscar!

Halifax initially did not proceed properly or inform me of their attempts of closing my account.

I was then hassled by Lowell's to pay the full amount on a day to day basis, even though I had recieved no confirmation of transfer of the debt to Lowell or any possible way of sorting out the ordeal with Halifax.

Is there any way I can proceed with this? I don't mind paying it back but I don't want the defaults to affect my mortgage application.

Comment

Originally posted by Level103 View Post
            Thanks for the quick reply Oscar!

Halifax initially did not proceed properly or inform me of their attempts of closing my account.

I was then hassled by Lowell's to pay the full amount on a day to day basis, even though I had recieved no confirmation of transfer of the debt to Lowell or any possible way of sorting out the ordeal with Halifax.

Is there any way I can proceed with this? I don't mind paying it back but I don't want the defaults to affect my mortgage application.
            You need to be reading this: ---> UPDATED - Defaults, The Law & Removal

If you get stuck then email me the Default Notices and history of what happened and i'll sort it for you.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X