GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Overdraft - Default removal help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Overdraft - Default removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Overdraft - Default removal help

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I have had an issue with a student overdraft which has left a default on my credit file without my knowledge.

- Amount £1200 upon graduation
    - Because I did not pay my wages (foolishly) into this account, rather another, as per the T&Cs (unknown to me at the time), the post-graduation 2 yr interest free overdraft became void after 12 months.
    - I recieved no letters from Natwest advising early repayment is due, rather a solitary letter from Wescot. I called immediately and agreed a repayment programme of the full amount over 12 months, £120 by d/d. (Sept 12)
    - I made a payment of £120 as agreed on 14 Sept 12. This appeared on a Natwest statement.
    - I made a payment of £120 as agreed on 14 Oct 12. This appeared on a Natwest statement.
    - From Nov 12 onwards, statements stopped coming through.
    - I continued the repayment arrangement. The debt was not sold to Wescot, it is still owned by Natwest
    - Looking up my Credit File, it shows Natwest defaulted the account on 30 Oct 12; even though I made a repayment arrangement with their appointed company and did not break it.
    - There is still £400 to pay on the account and Wescot have agreed to hold the account (in writing) while I take up the issue.

I would have cleared the balance immediately if I had all the paperwork, which genuinely wasn't sent. I am shocked given that they agreed a payment programme and defaulted me anyway.

What do you think is the best way to proceed? Obviously the outcome I am aiming for is to settle in full, remove the default and get on with mortgage etc in the very near future.

Re: Natwest Overdraft - Default removal help

Hi

I'm not so sure they'll remove the default but definitely worth a shot. Someone else had joy with this, see here --> 0% Balance Transfer - allaboutFORUMS or here --> 1st Credit - allaboutFORUMS

There are threads, you just need to track them by using search
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

I will start with sending similar to the above citing unfairness and the request for documentation template and see where that gets me. To be updated...

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck with this. Can you let us know the outcome?
        Cheers
        Missy
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

will do!

Comment

see this as well --> Help with Natwest Default Notice - allaboutFORUMS

Loads of examples but bear in mind, Natwest (well their parent, RBS) did win the Harrison v RBS case which means that Natwest know the default processes and totally abuse them to stay within the law.

Nightmare to get them removed, unless it's with a good DCA that we can haggle for removal. Point of fact, if you did (for ANY reason) breach the terms they can (and will) default you and anything after this, such as negotiation of removal, is purely at their own goodwill.

Sadly that seems to be your main stumbling block here - the simple fact that Natwest are wankers
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X