GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Orange default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange default

Hi. Hope you all can help.

I had a business account with orange a few years back which i had 2 phones on. I also took out another phone which they setup up for some reason as a normal domestic account.

Ill be honest i got into a bit of a mess with these. When orange arnt able to take money, instead of trying to take again next month they just remove your DD details untill you contact.

Now i never received any phone calls from orange regarding this and the only letters i received advised outstanding amounts which is when i then contacted Orange. My accounts went back and forth from Orange to a DCA and all accounts have been Settled and paid !!

I have yet to receive any warning of the default (i am aware mobile phone companies do not have to send this) and i still haven't received notification its gone on my file. I only know because i paid for my Credit file.

Now ive called and emailed Orange. With only 1 response saying their records are correct.

This is for £118 and its going to last for 6 years. After looking around forums for the last 2 weeks. Im sure there is something i can do with regards to this.

Any help. Please?

Thanks

Re: Orange default

sadly probably not

if you fell into default they have the right to report the account, hence the default on your file.

if they are now paid off and it is for only £118 and it is the only default, you will probably find that it's influence wanes as it gets older, but they were within their rights to put it there, not something we agree with, but probably not worth the battle (with little chance of success).

The only thing I can suggest, if you paid it off quickly (within 1 month) it might be worth writing very nicely and asking them to remove, slim chance but the only one I'm afraid.

Comment

I have to say, that we sucessfully managed to get my friends default removed with a little email to the CEO at EE.

Not promising anything, but i would email them and say that you have trashed any chance of credit for 6 years, on a mere £118 debt.

They did this to my friend, for like 25 odd quid.

They removed the default, so you never know your luck, but they dont have to, as it is techically correct.

email address is olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for both the responses.

I have emailed the credit referral departments with no success. They have just emailed me twice saying that they are correct which i appreciate but as you e said is a little unfair for my future.

You said you emailed the CEO. Any sort of help on the content of the letter that you sent to achieve this?

Do i stand a better chance going straight to the top?

I always assumed emailing a CEO would just result in it being chucked in the bin to be honest. Wouldnt expect a response.

Any help much appreciated

Comment

if you email the ceo you're likely to get a reply from one of his sidekicks

this should be a very polite and straightforward letter, explaining the circumstances, pointing out the low amount, and the damage it can do.

they don't need to do this, so you need to convince him otherwise

Comment

Usually emailing the CEO will get a better response than emailing one of the lower monkies.

Cant promise anything, but worth a try, worked for my friend.

Hes case was slightly different though, he had a running 30 day contract and cancelled the direct debt after 30 days, they charged him for a futher couple of weeks and defaulted him when he didnt pay.

I cant really advise what you should say, other than state the facts, and explain how they have trashed your ability to obtain credit for such a low amount.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just sent a letter to the CEO of Argos on a non financial related matter and we have his PA wanting to speak to us direct as the CEO actually wants to speak to us about the complaint.

I have written to Barcraps, Satans Bank, Hellifex, Creation, RBS and Cap One CEO's.

I have got what I wanted from each and everyone of them even though their munchkins were trying to hinder me.

So basically yes try the CEO. It does work

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                this should be a very polite and straightforward letter, explaining the circumstances, pointing out the low amount, and the damage it can do.
                Polite is good. He has it in his power to overturn underlings cock ups.

However ranting and raving dont get him on your side.

Comment

Try something like this.

Dear Mr Swantee

Account Number: XXXXX

On XX/XX/XX I accidently missed placed funds in my account for your company to be able to pay the bill raised on my contract via direct debit.
                  In all honesty i believed that you would try to re-issue the direct debit to clear the balance after the first one didnt clear.

However, the direct debit which was set up in place was cancelled by your company, leaving the balance outstanding.

I was not made aware of any outstanding balance, i truely expected it to have been paid by re-issue of the direct debit, in place at the time.

Since then, the balance has been paid, however i notice that you have placed a Default Marker on my credit file.

Whilst i apreciate that this is a true reflection on how the account was run, it was an honest and genuine mistake on my part, and did believe i would at least be notified of the outstanding balance so it could be remedied before further action would take place.

Therefore as a matter of good business relationship, I ask if you would consider removing the Default Marker from my credit file.

Please understand, that this debt, which is now paid, was only for a very low amount of £118, and it has now stopped me from obtaining any further credit for the next 6 years.

Any help you can provide will be greatly apreciated.

Yours Sincerely

VinylPusher

(Run it through a spell check first, and change anything you feel should be changed, but thats the main gist of it.)

Comment

Many thanks for that. How about the below which i changed yours. Do you think the points raised give a good look? Anyything you would change to see it more in my favour?

Admin edit - I have edited and changed the context of the letter below to suit your position.

Niddy

Dear Mr Swantee

I am writing to you regards to the above numbered account and some hassle based on a default that was registered after I had actually settled the invoice, even though there was a live direct debit mandate present at all times.

However, the direct debit that was set up was cancelled by your company, leaving an outstanding balance that I was unaware of. Whilst i appreciate that it’s my responsibility to maintain my account, I do feel that there was a lack of communication regarding these issues. I had received no telephone calls or communication from you notifying me of any balance, and if you had wrote I would have then immediately settled the balance. It was never my intention to get into debt over a contract mobile phone.

Upon learning of the balance it was settled in full however you then added a default which is rather petty and rather libellous as it was not a true reflection of the account and certainly no prior notification of any balance owing was issued by Orange. Since this the balance has been paid in full and since there is obviously some overriding mistakes, I write to ask if you can remove this derogatory marker from my credit files before I seek legal and/or regulatory intervention in order to resolve it as this marker is having an adverse effect on my ability to obtain credit which is unfair given the history.

I refer you to the screen capture below displaying 1 Default from 08/2012 for a balance of £118 and the 2nd from 09/2012 displaying a balance of £0.

(Screen Print of Credit File)

I have been made aware by your collections department that my payments were made in full from the 2/08/2012. I hope you can appreciate that this would have been the same billing period in which I did settle the balance.

Therefore as a matter of good business relationship, I ask if you would consider removing the Default Marker from my credit file. Please understand, that this debt, which is now paid, was only for a very low amount of £118 and it really isn't worth the hassle, refusal of my simple request, will bring.

I look forward to your reply in the coming days and hope you can see that this is a huge mix-up that is easily rectified.

Yours Sincerely

VinylPusher
                    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 23 November 2012, 13:46. Reason: changed letter context

Comment

I think your letter is ok, here's one I did earlier for someone, which is relevant to a current account but still, you'll see we don't dig a hole and I feel your letter above might have a wee bit too much info in it...

---> Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP - Page 2 - allaboutFORUMS

If I was you I would consider removing

Whilst I appreciate that this is a true reflection on how the account was run, it was an honest and genuine mistake on my part and did believe i would have enough notice of the outstanding balance and how this would affect me before further action would take place.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Is your letter a bit harsh for first time writing to CEO?

In the end i know they have been a bit unfair but its me that has missed payments so feel i may need to be a tad nicer. Enlessit gets to that stage.

If will remove this paragraph you stated.

Can you offer any other advice on what to include? Should i go into personal circumstances? Or is there anything legal i should be putting in?

Many thanks

It really is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by vinylpusher2012 View Post
                          Is your letter a bit harsh for first time writing to CEO?
                          No! Far from it.... they are

Whether you are right or wrong, doesn't mean you admit to fault otherwise the bank (99.9% of the time) usually dismiss your complaint. Try and revolve the issue to the fact THEY are at fault as they never invoiced you properly or something, twist it, lie and do whatever to get your own way!

But if you're happy with it then go for it. I think you'll find my letter to the bank on the other thread will work. If not then at least the customer has great recourse to refer to FOS.

In your case, I am suggesting you remove that one paragraph - it's fine other than that paragraph. In fact, I have edited your original letter above, copy below, I would use that version i.e.

Dear Mr Swantee

I am writing to you regards to the above numbered account and some hassle based on a default that was registered after I had actually settled the invoice, even though there was a live direct debit mandate present at all times.

However, the direct debit that was set up was cancelled by your company, leaving an outstanding balance that I was unaware of. Whilst i appreciate that it’s my responsibility to maintain my account, I do feel that there was a lack of communication regarding these issues. I had received no telephone calls or communication from you notifying me of any balance, and if you had wrote I would have then immediately settled the balance. It was never my intention to get into debt over a contract mobile phone.

Upon learning of the balance it was settled in full however you then added a default which is rather petty and rather libellous as it was not a true reflection of the account and certainly no prior notification of any balance owing was issued by Orange. Since this the balance has been paid in full and since there is obviously some overriding mistakes, I write to ask if you can remove this derogatory marker from my credit files before I seek legal and/or regulatory intervention in order to resolve it as this marker is having an adverse effect on my ability to obtain credit which is unfair given the history.

I refer you to the screen capture below displaying 1 Default from 08/2012 for a balance of £118 and the 2nd from 09/2012 displaying a balance of £0.

(Screen Print of Credit File)

I have been made aware by your collections department that my payments were made in full from the 2/08/2012. I hope you can appreciate that this would have been the same billing period in which I did settle the balance.

Therefore as a matter of good business relationship, I ask if you would consider removing the Default Marker from my credit file. Please understand, that this debt, which is now paid, was only for a very low amount of £118 and it really isn't worth the hassle, refusal of my simple request, will bring.

I look forward to your reply in the coming days and hope you can see that this is a huge mix-up that is easily rectified.

Yours Sincerely

VinylPusher
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all your help everyone

I have just emailed the CEO the letter above and am awaiting a response.

Not holding my breath but god i hope i can sort this to give me a little less stress

Comment

I have received a response to this please see below

"
                              Please respond to executive.office@orange.co.uk

Dear Mr Rich,

Thank you for your email to Orange. I have taken this opportunity to respond via email.

On review of your Orange agreement, Credit Referrals have made amendments and confirmed that they have received your request. Any alterations made can take up to 30 days to show, dependant on when the Credit Score Agency updates their systems.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Frank Smith
                              Executive Office"

Now i call Frank Smith and he advised that they had received my request and would make amendments to show this was paid. After a few moments he asked if i had a email back from Credit referrals department. To which i said yes an automated response to say that they have updated it to "satisfied" he said well this is all that will change then. We dont have the power to remove a default from your file. In the end we left the conversation that i would wait for 30 days to see if any further changes are made and he said to call back depending on this

Basically they have fobbed me off saying it will update but basically saying they cant remove a default because they have no "control" over the credit referral team??

if i wanted a response from the credit referrals team then i would have emailed them again

any advice on this from anyone please?

Comment

Working...
                              X