GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Delayed Default Dates Query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delayed Default Dates Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delayed Default Dates Query

My query relates to default dates shown on my credit file.

Two years ago it became impossible for me to carry on making minimum monthly payments in respect of all my credit card accounts. So I wrote to all the lenders offering them much reduced monthly pro-rata payments based upon my statement of affairs. Some wrote back stating that they would accept reduced payments for a few months, some didn’t.

One year ago, a change in personal circumstances meant that I could no longer afford to make monthly payments to any of my creditors (even token ones). Just before I stopped making any monthly payments, I stumbled across NID’s ‘unenforceability’ thread. Having received back all my CCA responses, most of my agreements appear to be ‘unenforceable. A few others I am currently calling the lenders bluff about. At the moment, everything appears to be reasonably quiet and under control on that front.

However, despite treating all my creditors in the exact same way, my credit file shows a wide range of different default dates. In fact, there is a 16 month gap between the earliest and latest default dates.

My question is, should I be complaining to the original lenders or the Information Commissioner about the last three dates shown (those in 2010), or should I just let things rest?

These three credit card companies first sent me default notices in spring 2009, but are showing the defaults as in 2010, on my credit file.

Obviously, like anyone else, I would prefer that my defaults dropped off my credit file 6 years from 2009, rather than from mid 2010, particularly if I seek to change employer or obtain a mortgage (I certainly won’t be applying for any more credit cards).

Any thoughts/advice?

Re: Delayed Default Dates Query

Wait til the debts become statute barred then argue for default removal. Pointless alerting them when you ain't going for credit - so pointless. Leave sleeping dogs and all that
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X