GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 2nd BT blunder now with Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd BT blunder now with Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd BT blunder now with Lowell

Evening all,

In 2011 SRJ debt recovery wrote to me in my previous property regarding an account in my name with next doors address. I wrote back stating i did not have an account with BT and it would appear someone had taken out a service in my name and heard nothing more about it.

Today letter from BT and Lowell turn up in the same envelope chasing the same account number (lower balance thou!) to my home address. Interestingly, i had an account with BT infinity whilst at my new address which ran fine on direct debit and now this has turned up!

Other than writing to BT informing them how incompetent they are:any pointers. and should it be to BT and Lowell?

Thanks!
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: 2nd BT blunder now with Lowell

All I can think of is sending a letter with reference to your earlier letter and raising a formal complaint so that you can go to ombudsman. If you don't get a good response write to the CEO; I have done this successfully with all my complaints.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      All I can think of is sending a letter with reference to your earlier letter and raising a formal complaint so that you can go to ombudsman. If you don't get a good response write to the CEO; I have done this successfully with all my complaints.
      Thanks Cymru, will do. Would you write to BT and Lowell?
      Cheers
      SA
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Write to BT and send a copy to lowell

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Write to BT and send a copy to lowell
          Will do, Cymru. Many thanks

Comment

Email Gavin @ CEO.

He replies to every email received he's spot on.

My pal Batman emailed last week. Resolved (I believe)?

Email - gavin.e.patterson@bt.com
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Email Gavin @ CEO.

He replies to every email received he's spot on.

My pal Batman emailed last week. Resolved (I believe)?

Email - gavin.e.patterson@bt.com
              Yes, that is the best advice.

The CEO is the only way to go if you wish to cut out months of banging your head against a wall with brusque call assistants that cannot even understand English and who have unhelpful set scripts to ignore all your sensible questions with. BT needs to get their act together.

Currently BT is cutting its own throats, via the unacceptable fiasco many customers are being asked to tolerate when they pick up the blower to the BT minions who we cannot understand and cannot understand us. Gavin will sort the issue out and stop the rot. Just get it all logged down logically and blast it off to the man.

Comment

Morning,
                Many thanks nid and Batman. I will get an email off to him and let you know what happens.
                Cheers
                SA

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                  Morning,
                  Many thanks nid and Batman. I will get an email off to him and let you know what happens.
                  Cheers
                  SA
                  Best of luck

Comment

Morning,
                    More top advice from AAD
                    Immediate reply after emailing Gavin from his team advising they will reply tomorrow and not to contact anyone else in BT about the matter now.

Comment

Awesome - AAD - ONLY way to go!!!

Comment

Excellent. Nice one

** ask for compo for inconvenience & stress caused too
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks all. Lets see what they come up with tomorrow. Not sure if BT register with the cra's (?) but I have told them this nonsense must stop now. Compo - what would you think is reasonable Nid?

Comment

They classify compo at ombudsman based on £10p/h

Yes they report to CRA. Maybe get Noddle or say when you speak to ensure there's nothing derogatory on the CRA's or you'll consider legal action for damages

Comment

Working...
                              X