GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global, "Debt Managers" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global, "Debt Managers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global, "Debt Managers"

Hello all
    Firstly, Niddy - I did manage to learn how to post a new thread. A very old dog I confess to being, but I did manage to get there eventually!
    After you helped and guided me to a good outcome with 1st Credit some months ago, for which I main very appreciative; a new battle may be about to kick off with a MBNA credit card (which was originally an Abbey National card that I took out in April1998, or very close thereto).
    Debt Managers have recently had this debt "referred" to them from Arrow Global, and their first letter of a few days ago details that the balance may become subject to action by Restons solicitors. It's been passed around some DCAs in time before, that I've lost count.
    Can I please seek your advice as to how best treat this case, as the balance outstanding shouldn't be many weeks/few months from being statute-barred.
    What facts would you need from me to help you form a view as to how best to tackle it, and what steps should I take (in terms of communicating with AG and the DCA?
    In the interim, I can see if Noddle info can help me isolate the last time a full payment was made and when it was defaulted.
    Many thanks to all.

Swaroman

Re: Arrow Global, "Debt Managers"

To help us, to help you, please provide the following information for the account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Arrow Global, "Debt Managers"

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
      To help us, to help you, please provide the following information for the account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
      Here goes but missing one vital fact as follows:-

1. Credit card.
      2. June 1998.
      3. Approx balance £3400 (inc a number of fees/charges)
      4. Date last paid: late 2009 (profuse apologise,can't be more accurate at this moment - will try and dig (literally) that exact month out.
      Noddle says it was defaulted end of Oct. 2010, but CRA record for the card don't go back far enough to let me isolate the month when the last payment was made.
      5. After last full payment, no part-payments or arrangements made.
      6. Status - in default.
      7. Account owner, Arrow Global; but "Debt Managers" are acting as DCA.

Hope these details help, but will see if can trawl the old statements out of the cellar.

Regards
      Swaroman

Comment

Working...
      X