GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredrickson International - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredrickson International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredrickson International

Hi,

I am being hounded by Frederickson International. They are chasing me regarding a Capital One debt so far they have text me every morning this week at 830, they have called my landline - I have no idea how they have got the number as it is ex directory and only one person has the number. I got to work today to be told they had telephoned there too!!!
    I have had no contact by any means at all with them. How do I stop them calling my landline and contacting my workplace - I had to play daft at work and say I knew nothing of it, they asked when I would be next in and left a reference number. I am fuming

I am currently under a DMP with StepChange. Do I contact them and tell them whats happening or do I email Fredrickson and tell them not to contact me any other way than by letter?

Thanks
    Last edited by Betty; 1 October 2014, 20:04.

Re: Fredrickson International

how long have you been in the DMP? unfortunately being in a DMP does not protect you from any of this harassment, so you need to protect yourself

I would pop off the harassment letter and you should also keep a diary of their calls/contact because they are not allowed to do this as frequently as they appear to be doing

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone

Comment

Unfortunately, they are swine. They vary their times of calls.

The telephone numbers appear on telephone accounts even if ex-directory. You give them to people such ad banks, Amazon, subscriptions etc even on voting register. Many companies have a nice little earner selling on their data. When you give your employers name, eg when applying for credit, the detail is on your file which is passed over to the DCA. They just need to phone the company switchboard who willingly give them your company desk phone number, mobile phone number and email account, if they ask for them.

Hopefully they will tire of annoying you.

Comment

They shouldn't be ringing a work place, that is harassment plain and simple.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am really mad that they called my workplace. I work at a very small company and really don't want them knowing anything about my financial troubles.
          For some reason i can't access the template letters to send one off. Should i handwrite one or email it? That is when i can figure how to access the templates.

Comment

The DMP has only recently started.

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            how long have you been in the DMP? unfortunately being in a DMP does not protect you from any of this harassment, so you need to protect yourself

I would pop off the harassment letter and you should also keep a diary of their calls/contact because they are not allowed to do this as frequently as they appear to be doing

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...t-by-telephone

Comment

Send them the harassment letter and refer them to Stepchange. Then inform Stepchange of their activity xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                Send them the harassment letter and refer them to Stepchange. Then inform Stepchange of their activity xx
                I will do. I still cannot access the template letter though. Ive tried re logging in and it says in not authorised to view?

Comment

You need to re-register on the template section of the site. Cant use the same login as here.

When you register, please make sure you use the same username you use here, So Niddy or another site mod can recognise you.

Wait for an email with a link to confirm registration and then you should have access.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    You need to re-register on the template section of the site. Cant use the same login as here.

When you register, please make sure you use the same username you use here, So Niddy or another site mod can recognise you.

Wait for an email with a link to confirm registration and then you should have access.
                    Ive done that now. Thankyou. Is it better to send a handwritten letter or email them, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Betty View Post
                      Ive done that now. Thankyou. Is it better to send a handwritten letter or email them, or both?
                      Letter is better imo.

I would also inform them that you are on a DMP that is being managed by Stepchange, and that the account is also being managed by Stepchange and that all communication relating to payments should be sent to Stepchange as they are your appointed representative. Remind them that any activity which seeks to bypass your appointed representative will be considered harassment.
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

And add that your work telephone number be removed from their system

Comment

I will put together a letter to be sent on Monday recorded delivery. Funnily enough they have sent me a letter through the post today. I shall use the template letter regarding telephone harassment at work and ask them to contact StepChange as they are in charge of that particular debt.

Thank you all, I shall let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty View Post
                            I will put together a letter to be sent on Monday recorded delivery. Funnily enough they have sent me a letter through the post today. I shall use the template letter regarding telephone harassment at work and ask them to contact StepChange as they are in charge of that particular debt.

Thank you all, I shall let you know how I get on.
                            E-Mail them quoting reference Number??

info@freds.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              E-Mail them quoting reference Number??

info@freds.com
                              I prefer correspondence via post for a couple of reasons:

1) Its slows everything down - putting stuff in writing and also slows down the creditor which means you time to breathe. Also, if sent via recorded delivery, or at least obtaining proof of postage, allows creditors to hang themselves when they make statements such as 'we have had no communication from you' as you can then question their credibility

2) Cost - ok so it costs you a little to send stuff via Royal Mail, but it costs the creditor an awful lot more, not just from their own postage costs, but also processing and admin costs. I feel this is especially important if you're on a DMP as you want them to work for that payment

If the above isn't enough to put you off emailing them then DON'T use an email address that is linked to any socialmedia account you may have (Facebook, LinkedIn etc), set up one specifically for contact purposes. DCA tracing departments will record the email addresses you use, and try to build an internet profile of you. This is how they get employer information etc, not to mention you dare post anything such as holiday photos and they will immediately be looking for an increase in payments.......
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X