GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredrickson International - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredrickson International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fredrickson International

Just wanted to keep a note on here of the written letter I sent to Fredricksons.

Dear Sirs,

Ref 1234567890

I am writing to you in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls I have received from your company, which I deem to be harassing and I now require all further correspondence to be referred to StepChange with whom I am part of a Debt Management Plan and who are my appointed representatives. All communication relating to payments should be sent to Stepchange. Any activity from yourselves that seeks to bypass my appointed representative will be deemed as harassment.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997 as well as Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

I also request you do not contact me at my place of work and that you remove this number from your records. The fact that you have called me at my place of work proves you have no respect for legislation set out by the FCA namely CONC, which clearly states that you cannot cause me embarrassment, harass me or pursue a disputed debt. I demand these calls stop immediately, any further breaches will result in my seeking a judgment order against yourselves as well as seeking compensation and all costs for my breakdown and possible loss of occupation as a result of your intimidating and harassing calls to my place of work.

I am taking this matter very seriously and will take further action against you if I am continued to be harassed at work or by telephone and if you do not communicate via my appointed representatives StepChange.

Printed Signature

Comment

Do you know which debt they are chasing you for?
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I know which debt they are chasing me for, it is one StepChange are aware of too.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty View Post
          Yes I know which debt they are chasing me for, it is one StepChange are aware of too.
          What is the debt for and how old is it? Do yo know if it's an enforceable debt or not?

Have you been paying Freds through StepChange up until now or someone else? If not, it suggests that the account has been passed to Freds. either because they've bought it from your original creditor or, because your original creditor has told them to do it on their behalf. Being part of StepChnge won't protect you from that kind of thing unfortunately.
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            What is the debt for and how old is it? Do yo know if it's an enforceable debt or not?

Have you been paying Freds through StepChange up until now or someone else? If not, it suggests that the account has been passed to Freds. either because they've bought it from your original creditor or, because your original creditor has told them to do it on their behalf. Being part of StepChnge won't protect you from that kind of thing unfortunately.
            I haven't paid Freds a penny. The debt is Capital one and I presume they have bought it from them.

Comment

I haven't paid Freds a penny. The debt is Capital one and I presume they have bought it from them.
              I doubt they'll have bought it at this stage..... It sounds like they're acting on behalf of Capital One and the reason you're getting contacted so much is because your number will be on their automated dialling software.

Get in touch with Capital One as well and get them to sort it out. Freds. wouldn't have contacted you unless told to by Cap. 1

Have you thought about challenging your debts or are you happy to stay with StepChange?
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

I doubt they'll have bought it at this stage..... It sounds like they're acting on behalf of Capital One and the reason you're getting contacted so much is because your number will be on their automated dialling software.

Get in touch with Capital One as well and get them to sort it out. Freds. wouldn't have contacted you unless told to by Cap. 1

Have you thought about challenging your debts or are you happy to stay with StepChange?
                I will get in touch with Cap One too. What do you mean by challenging my debts?

Comment

I will get in touch with Cap One too. What do you mean by challenging my debts?
                  Checking to see if a company has enforceable paperwork..... If not, you may not have to pay anything at all. Most of us on here have been through this process one way or another and there are a number of threads in the Unenforceability Diaries section that you could read.
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

It is not an old debt it is a fairly recent one so I doubt it will be unenforceable but I will look into it.

Comment

Aagh, this is getting out of hand now. The swines have been calling my workplace again. I have just had a call off a colleague to say somewhere called Frederickson international have called wanting too talk to me and asking for my number. Luckily she refused to pass it on but they did divulge they were a legal company. Ive had to play daft and say i don't know what they are calling for but now everyone at work will know and im going to have to call my boss to explain not to give my details out. Ive posted that letter to them but should i email them as well now as this is getting out of hand and embarrassing. I am considering sending a copy from an email address i hardly use.

Please help!

Comment

Freds. are not a legal company. In their dreams maybe..... lol!

The letter should be enough. You can send the same letter by email as well for added effect but don't put anything different to what's on the template at this stage, or they'll see you as starting to panic..... which is what they want.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Should i send them the same thing as what Ive already written to them ?

I am really mad, my workplace is open 24/7 and there will always be someone who is going to answer the phone. There are a handful of people that work there as well so if they haven't already realised im in debt they will do now.

Bastards its 3am and im wide awake worrying about it now. Wouldn't be that stressed if they wasn't calling my workplace too.

Comment

I have just created a new email address not associated with anything else to send them an email as well, they should have already had their letter.
                            I really am mad that they called my workplace again - this time it was past 8pm at night. The girl who spoke to them isn't the most discreet person either. I'm on annual leave at the minute so I don't know whether to say nothing til I go back next week or call my boss and ask that no body gives out any of my details. My boss is a gossip too though and I don't trust her enough to confide in!!!

Today I am going to call StepChange and contact Capital One. Does anyone know of an email address for Capital One that I can use without having to call them?

Comment

hold the bus Betty

You've sent the letter and you've emailed a copy as well.

Give them time to read it.

As for your workmates giving out personal information, maybe they should all have a read of their contracts where I am pretty sure there will be a paragraph about confidentiality. So if anyone has given out your details, just go to your boss, read the riot act and say that it was a ppi company or something equally stupid and that you are shocked that your private details have been given out. Anyone answering the phone in a company situation should be VERY careful about what they give out tthat is outside normal company business. So things like confirming you work there is OK, dishing your personal details such as address is not. Not that Fred's should be doing this, but nevertheless your company should not be helping them.

so why do you want to phone Capital One?

Comment

This was why I thought I should get in touch with Cap 1.

My boss and colleagues like nothing more than a good old gossip and I'm sure the girl who spoke to them last night will have gone home and Googled Fredricksons. I said I knew nothing about why they were trying to call me. I suppose I could say it was PPI or something although they will probably know I'm lying. Hopefully no one will divulge any of my personal info but Freds already have it anyway. They have called my landline and nobody has that number apart from my parents (we only have a landline for our internet access), they call my mobile phone but obviously I haven't picked up their calls.

I will just wait and see if they take any notice of the letter and email. It just makes me so mad that they are harassing me in this way - I've never had a DCA call my workplace before. And to be honest I can just do without the stress of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X