GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capquest threatening the treat of court action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capquest threatening the treat of court action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest threatening the treat of court action

Hi, been playing letter tennis with capquest regarding an old LTSB credit card account (opened early 1990's) that they purchased about a year ago.

I've received various documents and at least two recon's over the years both from Lloyds and more recently capquest, never the original or any application form. I've CCA'd Lloyds about three years ago, and have also requested an SAR in the past.

In the past, I've simply sent a 'recon doesn't contain the prescribed terms' or 'Account in Dispute' letter and that's been enough to keep them quiet.

The most recent letter from capquest, received this morning, seems to have escalated matters somewhat as they are talking about considering legal action. The header of the letter reads "Letter of claim under the Practice Direct - Pre Action Conduct" containing details of what they may do etc. etc. etc.

Is this a pre-action letter or just another re-phrased threat-o-gram?

As I can't get in to the templates library, can someone advise on a possible response, i.e. is it time to request info under CPUTR 2008?

Please advise, thanks.

Re: Capquest threatening the treat of court action

when did you last make any sort of payment?

Did you join AAD (templates) using the exact same user details as the forum (here)? If so I will authorise later, right now I am heaving..... plus Steve is fixing AAD members as there is a slight issue since our recent server upgrade.

Bear with us
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Payment was last made whilst on a DMP just over four years ago

Comment

Originally posted by livingonaboat View Post
        Payment was last made whilst on a DMP just over four years ago
        Ok, being the last CCA is so old, to buy time send a new CCA Request now - asap --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

However you'll need to bear with us till you get the confirmation email from AAD as we're currently debugging (testing) the database element.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi N-I-D,

What's with the heaving, was it something I said? Or that dodgy vindaloo from last night?

Yes, I tried logging into the templates library using the same logon details, I also changed my password as per some instructions received whilst you were away, that didn't work, I then cunningly forgot the new password and (I think), I've gone back to using my original password.

Comment

heaving = busy, just got back at 6am from 2wks away

Last slept at like tuesday I think!!

Lots to catch up with and AAD templates is towards the bottom, Steve (techie) is dealing with it, when he says it's sorted I'll authorise users - won't be more than a day or two.

Comment

Yes, I tried logging into the templates library using the same logon details, I also changed my password as per some instructions received whilst you were away, that didn't work, I then cunningly forgot the new password and (I think), I've gone back to using my original password.
              There is no user on AAD pending access with the username shown here ie livingonaboat.

What did you choose as login name?

Comment

Oh OK thanks.

Not wishing to be a complete pain but the letter was dated 12 days ago and they gave me 14 days in which to respond (I live on a boat and use a mail forwarding service, a really slow one I think). As i've got the original CCA request letter that I sent to Lloyds, shall I just send them that (with capquest's details of course)

Comment

What user did you register to AAD with?

Comment

livingonaboat is the user name I registered with and is the name I've used since including the re-submission of details to get access to the templates library.

Comment

livingonaboat is the user name I registered with and is the name I've used since including the re-submission of details to get access to the templates library.
                      did you click the activation email?

Comment

I'm sure I did yes. I can be a bit blond sometimes, but I was real keen to view the UE templates so did what was asked of me.

Comment

Just returned from a lovely trip up to Llangollen and back, upon my return, opened the latest letter from capquest expecting more hassle or worse.

To my surprise and delight, they have confirmed that Lloyds cannot locate my original paperwork and as such the account is unenforceable. The icing on the top of a lovely three weeks out in the gem that is Llangollen and surroundings.

Wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who helped me get to this point and wish everyone all the best.

Now onto the next DCA!

Comment

well done, file that letter carefully as it could be sold on to another set of mugs.

Comment

I went to Llangollen earlier this year...lovely place
                              And well done on your success getting rid of Capquest
                              Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Working...
                              X