GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ALLIED or AIC? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALLIED or AIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALLIED or AIC?

Has anyone else been chased by Allied International Credit? They are chasing me for a Northern Rock loan which I have been challenging its UE since Jan 09. This is the third or fourth DCA they have tried now. However, I have only received two letters but the telephone calls are relentless!!! How long do they persist with these calls/persual on average?

Thanks

Re: ALLIED or AIC?

no averages but they are a crowd of not very effective pussies, they are based in Glasgow and employ mainly desperate students to man the phones, just use the templates and they should just piss off

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      no averages but they are a crowd of not very effective pussies, they are based in Glasgow and employ mainly desperate students to man the phones, just use the templates and they should just piss off
      I have been ignoring their calls and letters. What is best, reply with a template or carry on ignoring? Ignoring all DCAs until now has been effective. Only 18 months to statute barred!!!

Comment

mmm it depends who else is chasing you, where you are, and what the debts are.

I have shepherded ours through using the templates and a selection of one liners, problem with ignoring everything is that you could miss an attempt to take you to court, however if they are not sure the are writing to the right person, because you are ignoring, I'd be reluctant to start advertising where you are.

it's difficult and it's ultimately your decision

Comment

mmm it depends who else is chasing you, where you are, and what the debts are.

I have shepherded ours through using the templates and a selection of one liners, problem with ignoring everything is that you could miss an attempt to take you to court, however if they are not sure the are writing to the right person, because you are ignoring, I'd be reluctant to start advertising where you are.

it's difficult and it's ultimately your decision
          I am in agreements with most creditors/DCAs bar two. Allied for my Northern Rock debt and one other. I'm sure it's quite easy to work out my address. They have my phone number from somewhere too but that wasn't too difficult for them either I guess.

Comment

OK, let me get this straight you are in some sort of DMP with most of your creditors but not these two?

how long does your "DMP" have to go?

Comment

OK, let me get this straight you are in some sort of DMP with most of your creditors but not these two?

how long does your "DMP" have to go?
              No DMPs as such, just informal agreements of payments which were acceptable to the creditors and substantially more than token payments.

Comment

so how long for it to go?

Comment

You said you have received two letters? so they already know where you live?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

so how long for it to go?
                    Not sure, just chipping away until a house I've a part share in sells. When it sells I can make deals to clear the remainder.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      You said you have received two letters? so they already know where you live?
                      Yes, no knock at the door yet!

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
                        Has anyone else been chased by Allied International Credit? They are chasing me for a Northern Rock loan which I have been challenging its UE since Jan 09. This is the third or fourth DCA they have tried now. However, I have only received two letters but the telephone calls are relentless!!! How long do they persist with these calls/persual on average?

Thanks
                        AIC usually drop accounts after a certain amount of resistance.

They also seem to have an odd reference to Reservoir Dogs as I have template letters signed by Mr Brown, Mr White and Mr Green.

Not sure where Lianne Dick fits into that theory though

I had a very entertaining email exchange with 'Mr Brown' who tied himself up into knots (especially when the 'lost' payments).

Their ineptitude and harassment cost their client (Amex) a four figure sum in a 'goodwill gesture' to me after I went to FOS and OFT regards their conduct.

You should see them off easily enough too

Best
                        SnV
                        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update: still getting phone calls from AIC every other day or so. They have also written to me offering a settlement figure which is 60% less than my original debt. If they are offering a significantly reduced settlement figure does this mean they've probably bought the debt?

Comment

Originally posted by lloydjones View Post
                            Update: still getting phone calls from AIC every other day or so. They have also written to me offering a settlement figure which is 60% less than my original debt. If they are offering a significantly reduced settlement figure does this mean they've probably bought the debt?
                            It means they are desperate
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

which they all are

and note

it's nearly the end of the month, they get commission on what they collect..........................................

Comment

Working...
                              X