GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Raking up the past - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raking up the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raking up the past

Just going through some old papers and came across the following.

When our business folded we were in a very bad place, now much better thanks to this forum, anyhow one of the DCA's chasing us for money was Commercial Recovery Services (CRS) who were acting on behalf of Barracuda Films T/A Town & Country Publications.

We owed £143.63 for an advert on a poster which was procured from us via a phone call to my OH at our shop. I thought this was a scam at the time, but was too late to do anything about it. A google search has given me this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/joecrowle...lood_boil.html

Pretty sure that was the "poster" we'd signed up for.

Anyhow we eventually got CCJ'd via Luton CC and had to pay £188.63 @ £15 p/m. Pretty sure we did end up paying it all, though to be fair it's all a bit of a blur from that period, as we were being chased by all and sundry.

The reason for posting though is the letter from CRS that I've found and to show how low these scumbags can go. It looked like a court type letter and it is asking for the money to be paid in a letter headed :-

This is Notification that an Oral Examination will be scheduled at the County Court on xx/xx/xxxx etc etc

NOTICE IS HERBY GIVEN that unless the sum of £143.63 due from you to Barracuda Films etc etc

be PAID DIRECT, or a satisfactory arrangement for payment of the same be made within SEVEN DAYS from this date, we shall serve the APPROPRIATE PAPERS without any further notice WHATSOEVER and failure by you to comply would place you in CONTEMPT OF COURT which could result in a PRISON SENTENCE.

Dated this xx day of xx xxxx

Submission Date for Oral Examination

Initialled MD Date x/x/xx

Then theres CRS name and address and right at the bottom in small writing...................

This notice is issued by Commercial Recovery Services on behalf of the named creditor and is not issued by the county court.

I've done the bold and larger letters to reflect how their letter looked, how low can these DCA's go

Re: Raking up the past

Prison sentence?, with that I would send a letter:- Thankyou for your letter dated xxxx I have forwarded to the Regulator and trading standards. send it Recorded Delivery 1st class to them , find out thru company site their Company Registration Number and quote at the heading of the letter,

well that is what I would do for a start others will also comment soon no doubt?

Address it to Mr Ford Chief Executive Officer:-

mean time try to find the receipts etc as you state that you paid this, also how long ago was this occurance, not statute barred is it?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 December 2012, 19:16.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Raking up the past

Hi,
      Sorry should have made myself clearer, this was back in 2009 and have just found that we made the last payment 31.3.10

I was just shocked at the wording of the letter when I re-read it. I wouldn't stand for that sort of thing now, but at the time we just bowed under pressure. Don't think I believed it for a moment re prison but just wanted to show what some of these "companies" get up to.

Comment

Working...
      X