GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Collection - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Collection

Personally I think that DCA's are the lowest of the low (even lower than banks) and really do wish that the OFT etc grew a pair (as jezza kyle would say) and sorted them out.
    However I am curious about the inner workings and why certain ones are used etc. Also do they keep tabs on people and target more heavily ones who they know are more likely to cave in and pay?
    For example, many years ago I paid a doorstep agent a debt off by weekly installments, so would they have me marked as a soft touch.
    Also MBNA for example sold off their debts to various different DCA's and while some seem very quick to send out LBA's others seem less so is it that say Arrow have bought "better" debts or is it just random.

Am I thinking too much about this, just seems quite interesting

Re: Debt Collection

Jon

I think its an interesting thread.

For me the better you know thine enemy the better you can defeat them.

Doubt we will ever know the inner workings of the industry but as you say some DCA's seem to have preferred methods and some are incompetent.

Some seem to have the financial clout of a bank behind them (Marlin and RBS for example) some seem to be exist on a shoestring.

Others seem trigger happy with litigation others less so.

I do agree that there is a certain amount of profiling of the debtor going on. If you can cash cow someone for little effort or get defeated in court with exceptional costs cause someone stood up to you who would you choose?

I also think what is happening at the DCA at the moment of time also has an effect.

Arrow will be about its sale so everything it does will be geared towards that. It seems to have for the time being replaced 1st Credit as the most litigant happy DCA out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Jon

I think its an interesting thread.

For me the better you know thine enemy the better you can defeat them.

Doubt we will ever know the inner workings of the industry but as you say some DCA's seem to have preferred methods and some are incompetent.

Some seem to have the financial clout of a bank behind them (Marlin and RBS for example) some seem to be exist on a shoestring.

Others seem trigger happy with litigation others less so.

I do agree that there is a certain amount of profiling of the debtor going on. If you can cash cow someone for little effort or get defeated in court with exceptional costs cause someone stood up to you who would you choose?

I also think what is happening at the DCA at the moment of time also has an effect.

Arrow will be about its sale so everything it does will be geared towards that. It seems to have for the time being replaced 1st Credit as the most litigant happy DCA out there.
      Hi,
      Arrow have my mbna acc now have sent you have no cca and awaiting their response, if they go to court I will be using Paul to fight back. Wont be paying them any cash

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Hi,
        Arrow have my mbna acc now have sent you have no cca and awaiting their response, if they go to court I will be using Paul to fight back. Wont be paying them any cash
        And this is the great thing about a site like this and thanks to guys like Niddy and his team.

Without them we wouldnt know who to turn to, how to fight back or even something as simple as Arrow are a bit trigger happy at the moment so should be treated with the upmost caution.

Its a good feeling knowing someone has got your back.

And if there was ever gongs for services to the consumer then Niddy should be up there.

Comment

I think as said before, every DCA has a different tatic and probably comes down to their backing and finances.

Im sure they do some sort of strategy regarding whos likely to pay up and whos willing to fight, and a lot of that is probably done during written communication or lack there of.

Everything in law regarding court is a weigh up between likelyhood of a win, and costs.

If they believe you will battle them, and have a chance of winning, they would prob be less likely to follow through with action.

Some on the other had are so incompetent you really dont know what they might do lol

I do think though that litigation 9 times out of 10, does come down to the chances of winning and costs envoled, because thats how the system works, its not always about whos right, but who can pay the most to fight the case, which is why sometimes you see people addmiting guilt as its cheaper than defending the truth.

DCA's with half a brain must work in the same way.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've already submitted 3 complaints to the OFT as my role of administrator of AAD with brief details of their abuse of power including claiming for just under £500. It's absolutely shocking.

I'm working on a method to get em hit with FOS awards (against them) regardless if any action which can ultimately lead to sanctions against their CCL (as 1st credit found out a few years back). Ill ask for input later but for now updating your diaries is a good starting point as I do nab details and then compose a complaint about the actions of arrow. Obviously not using your name or account but more to reflect to the oft the kind of abuse we are seeing.

They are pure

They've met their match with AAD & Paul though. That's a guarantee.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X