GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bankruptcy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy

I am currently bankrupt as from nov 2010 i have to pay weekly for 3 years . I am currently living with my parents but we have had a severe disagreement and are kicking me out can i rent a property while im bankrupt

Re: Bankruptcy

Hi Cregeen5373 and Welcome, yes you can rent a property and claim for your utility expenses too. As a result your IPA may be reduced.

Best wishes
    If...x
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I daint think i cud get in more debt as my bankrutcy will not end for another 2 and alf years

Comment

Nothing to stop you getting credit IF you can it'll be difficult sure but not impossible

Remember to speak to your receiver / moonbeever though as IF said your statement of affairs will need to reflect your change in circumstances meaning your IPA arrangement could be reduced or even frozen depending on what surplus you had left after your living expenses every month

Comment

Hmmm did you pay your parents any board?? Maybe you could rent a room at a friends house?? We would not encourage you to live beyond your means, so a reasonable rent would need to be paid.

Comment

and if its November 2010 then you should fall under the older more gen rules regards IPA's

Comment

I went to court in november 2010 but moonbeever didnt get in touch till march 2011 wats the ipa rules u was on bout

Comment

I do pay my parents rent at the moment but its not alf wat it wud cost for me to rent on my own

Comment

Have a look at the area see how much it's likely to cost

Comment

Wud the old ipa rules make a diff to me bein able to move out i paid debt release to do my paperwork for the bankruotcy and they advised my that itll all be dun in 12 months and i wudnt have to pay anything but wen the reciever contacted me i was told i ad to pay weekly and it wud take 3 years

Comment

I am sorry you paid for someone to do your paperwork as we always advise you to see a Debt charity first they are free and impartial.

Have a read, click on links below re IPA's:-

Income Payment Agreements/Orders.
                      Last edited by IF; 19 October 2011, 11:26.

Comment

Any update here - happy birthday
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X