GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A couple of questions ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of questions !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions !

Hi all,I have a couple of questions !
    As posted yesterday on another thread,whilst going through some threatograms from my previous address,I found one from a dca which was a 72 hours to litigation letter from the summer.Now,if they have gone for a ccj,which I am unaware of,should they track me to my new address,as another dca already has,could they then order bailiffs in without informing me......or would I have prior notice of them coming?
    Secondly,I live in a multiple occupancy house.I am aware that if you open your front door and they gain access,they can then enter any room in the building.However,does this apply to a multi occupancy building...ie,should one of the other tenants open the front door,does that then give them the right to enter all rooms belonging to all tenants,mine included? I am guessing not but would like to be sure !
    I have drawn up a bill of sale for everything I own just in case I need it in the future,just need it stamped by a solicitor to "legalize"it....if I don't own anything,they can't take anything !!!!
    Thanks all !!

Re: A couple of questions !

Hi

I replied to the other question on the other thread (I think)...

Points answered:
    1. The CCJ can be viewed at Trust Online but they'd need to satisfy the court they served it at your address - don't worry about this. Just wait and see what happens.

2. No - only court bailiffs (known as HCEO's) can enter through an unlocked door - civil matters such as debt means the DCA has NO RIGHT OF ENTRY - if you see them enter your property you have every right to go and chin the fucker and treat him as a burglar.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hi

I replied to the other question on the other thread (I think)...
      As here: ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - So it begins
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy,thanks for the reply.....I have no worries about dca's coming a knocking as they would soon get short shrift,it was more legit baliffs I was interested in.....as you said,I could get the info re ccj's but will leave that alone for now...I just do not want any surprise visits from legit court bailiffs.....however,you have advised that it could only happen at previous address where (if) papers were originally served so happy days.....thanks for info !!

Comment

Originally posted by thatnamestaken View Post
          Hi Niddy,thanks for the reply.....I have no worries about dca's coming a knocking as they would soon get short shrift,it was more legit baliffs I was interested in.....as you said,I could get the info re ccj's but will leave that alone for now...I just do not want any surprise visits from legit court bailiffs.....however,you have advised that it could only happen at previous address where (if) papers were originally served so happy days.....thanks for info !!

Ahh no bailiffs can call at any address that you are at - but it's unlikely they will even get HCEO's - most debts become statute barred before they get HCEO's on the case......

You do realise the amount of CCJ threats on this forum alone probably exceed 50 a day, that's quite a lot really so imagine if everyone panicked like you're doing? The thing is DCA's always threaten CCJ's - not many actually go through with it so to be fair if you don't wanna spend £12 via Trust Online then don't.

I doubt you'll ever see a bailiff for a basic credit card debt.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

You do realise the amount of CCJ threats on this forum alone probably exceed 50 a day.
            And that's just my personal quota

Comment

Working...
            X