GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A broker who can help with a CIFAS marker - mortgage required - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A broker who can help with a CIFAS marker - mortgage required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A broker who can help with a CIFAS marker - mortgage required

Hi,

I'm new to forums but was looking for some help and advice.

I applied for a mortgage about 12 months ago, as part of the application I falsified my documents to inflate my income. To cut a long story short I now have a CIFAS marker against my name for application fraud for 'falsifying documents'.

I appreciate how very foolish this was and regret it every day, I also live each day in fear that the police will turn up and arrest me which I understand is still a possibility. Please understand I beat my up about this everyday so don't need to be told how foolish I am.

My focus now is to try and secure a home for my family and do the very best I can by them.

As such I was wondering if anyone knew of a good broker who had a good understanding of CIFAS or of any lenders that may consider an application from someone in my position. I have good income and a good deposit and would be happy to pay an inflated interest rate to secure some lending.

Thanks

Re: A broker who can help with a CIFAS marker - mortgage required

CIFAS usually lasts for "as long as the fraud continues" so in this case it should drop off after around 13 months from entry date.

A a broker won't help. A CIFAS cat1/4 is the worst fraud marker available.

Don't worry. They won't pursue it via the Police. You should try & forget it; wait till around 3 months after the year anniversary then request SAR from CIFAS & see if it's gone.

See this -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...cies-amp-CIFAS
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply, I've spoken with CIFAS and the markers now last for 6 years! Really need to get a house sorted for my kids.

Do you know of any lenders who will lend to someone in my position? Happy to pay an increased APR

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty2016 View Post
        Hey thanks for the reply, I've spoken with CIFAS and the markers now last for 6 years! Really need to get a house sorted for my kids.

Do you know of any lenders who will lend to someone in my position? Happy to pay an increased APR
        No - you're talking CRA's - yes, the entry remains visible on your credit record for 6 years like a default and/or a CCJ. However the CIFAS entry itself only lasts for as long as the fraud continues, usually 13 months - the sooner it's off (CIFAS) the sooner you can count down the 6 years - not all CRA's update CIFAS entries so you never know..... If for example Equifax didn't show it then you could likely apply to a lender who uses Equifax..... if you follow?

As for getting a mortgage now - forget it. It's impossible with a Cat4 - Application Fraud entry. Nobody will touch you - not even for a basic bank account!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty2016 View Post
          I applied for a mortgage about 12 months ago, as part of the application I falsified my documents to inflate my income. To cut a long story short I now have a CIFAS marker against my name for application fraud for 'falsifying documents'.

I appreciate how very foolish this was and regret it every day, I also live each day in fear that the police will turn up and arrest me which I understand is still a possibility. Please understand I beat my up about this everyday so don't need to be told how foolish I am.

My focus now is to try and secure a home for my family and do the very best I can by them.

As such I was wondering if anyone knew of a good broker who had a good understanding of CIFAS or of any lenders that may consider an application from someone in my position. I have good income and a good deposit and would be happy to pay an inflated interest rate to secure some lending
          I agree with everything Niddy has said about a CIFAS marker.

Moving on.

Do you currently have a mortgage on your home and is that in arrears which is why you may/may not want to remortgage ?

Or are you currently in rented accommodation?

Or are you seeking to buy a home with a new mortgage?

Plan B x
          I don't give advice, I share wisdom. Whenever the chips are down there's always a Plan B

I'm a fully qualified mother which is the hardest exam I've ever sat. I have other more formal qualifications which are less important

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Plan B,

We are currently in rented, we had to pay 6 months rent up front to avoid the credit checks.

I was hoping to buy a new home with a mortgage, I can scrape a 30/40% deposit and have a good income. I was hoping there might be some sort of subprime lender who can help people in my position, happy to pay a large broker fee or increased interest rate.

The most frustrating thing of all is that I didn't need to exaggerate my salary, the broker advised I did it to get a better rate. Turned out it just gave me salary multiples that gave me access to lenders that gave him a bigger kick back! Not blaming him as ultimately it was me that did what I did.

Just need to try and find a way out as waiting 6 years to buy a house it likely to destroy my family.

Any advice?

Thanks

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I agree with everything Niddy has said about a CIFAS marker.

Moving on.

Do you currently have a mortgage on your home and is that in arrears which is why you may/may not want to remortgage ?

Or are you currently in rented accommodation?

Or are you seeking to buy a home with a new mortgage?

Plan B x

Comment

So, I have a Cifas marker I don’t know the exact date it was recorded but I’d say around 2/3 years ago now I have a Monzo account but it’s really not ideal and I’ve been really low about it, I was threatened a while ago for my card being an idiot I handed it over I’m a female to and it was by a group of lads I eventually said I didn’t want to do what they wanted but the money had already gone in the account so I left thinking that would be it and my accounts got closed do you know if there’s any way this can be removed atall?

Comment

Working...
              X