GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NatWest overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatWest overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest overdraft

Hi, I'm new here but really need some advice.

I currently bank with Natwest and have an overdraft of £1,100 which I use every month. I also have a loan with them (due to end in September 14) and a credit card.

At the moment I'm paying my partner back some money which he lent me to pay off another credit card. This was money his late mother left him (not much) so it is my priority to pay this off. Once this has been paid (January 14) I intend to tackle the Natwest credit card.

I'm really really fed up of having the overdraft hanging over my head but I just can't seem to get out of it I've not been happy with the service I've been getting from Natwest for some time now and been considering leaving them and moving elsewhere. My credit rating isn't the greatest due to a tiny default entered by TMobile (the amount=£57 being in dispute). I did ask Natwest to consolidate my loan, overdraft and credit card into one loan but they refused. I realise now I don't actually want to do this because it will only extend the life of my debt, and all going well I will have everything paid in 18 months.

In the meantime I'm considering opening up another account elsewhere into which to have my salary paid, and all my DD's to come out of. I just don't know what to do about the overdraft. I can't pay it off at the moment and I don't want to transfer it elsewhere. What I really really want is to have an account with no overdraft and to tackle the amount outstanding to NatWest separately. What will NatWest likely do if I move my banking to another bank leaving the overdraft just sitting there (I will of course make arrangements to pay off a certain amount each month)??

Many thanks for reading

Re: NatWest overdraft

Natwest won't do anything if you paid a set amount in each month to clear it.

Try somewhere like Halifax or Barclays
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you. I'm planning on going into Barclays whilst I'm on leave on Friday.

I just don't want to c*ck anything up for myself and my partner. At the moment my mortgage is in my sole name but I want to transfer it into the joint names of myself and my partner and revert it back to repayment (I've been on interest only to try and get a head start on my debts).

Will Natwest keep adding interest to the overdraft??

Comment

Ermm if you have a default, £57 or £5700 it'll stop any mortgage going through.

I'd worry about clearing that

You can't screw up. Just pay £x per month into it. No problem.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well basically, the amount is in dispute. It relates to a contract which I cancelled, byt that they are arguing I never cancelled (I did so in writing and over the phone). Notwithstanding this, I have attempted to contact T-Mobile on numerous occasions to sort something out. If it will help me I will pay the blinkin' money to them, but whenever I contact them I'm given a different story. One minute they say I owe them money, the next they say I don't owe anything.

If I could sort it I would!

Comment

Hmmm email their CEO - that's what I'd do

jackie.o'leary@ee.co.uk

Explain it to her and demand immediate removal or you'll seek legal advice regards retaliatory legal action for libel.

Comment

Thanks

I've just sent my email. Will keep you updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                Well basically, the amount is in dispute. It relates to a contract which I cancelled, byt that they are arguing I never cancelled (I did so in writing and over the phone). Notwithstanding this, I have attempted to contact T-Mobile on numerous occasions to sort something out. If it will help me I will pay the blinkin' money to them, but whenever I contact them I'm given a different story. One minute they say I owe them money, the next they say I don't owe anything.

If I could sort it I would!
                Don't know if its any help but-
                I had a dispute with T.Mobile and was getting the run around, then a friend told me it would cost them silly money if it went to arbitration so i sent a final complaint ending with
                " Therefore if you will not amend your position then please mark this issue as in deadlock and I will contact CISAS for adjudication."
                It worked a treat.

Comment

I've heard the term 'deadlock' but I don't really know what it means. Would they then remove the default?

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                    I've heard the term 'deadlock' but I don't really know what it means. Would they then remove the default?
                    Nope, deadlock means stalemate ie final response/can't agree etc.

Don't worry, you sent the mail by the time CAPS mentioned that extra paragraph, see what they send back and let me know

Comment

Well heard nothing back yet. How incompetent is this woman?!? Haha!

Am popping into Barclays after work to open a new account and have an appointment with NW on Friday to discuss payments on the overdraft. Am a bit scared of leaving it there, but tbh I need the peace of mind of having a clear bank account which I'm sure will help me manage better.

Comment

Still nothing back from T-Mobile.

Good news is I managed to open a new account today with Lloyds TSB....a proper current account and not a basic account. Seems my credit isn't quite as crap as NW lead me to believe

Comment

Working...
                        X