GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ without notification - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ without notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ without notification

Hi guys, great forum.

Right, I got in a bit of debt (roughly £3k) through not paying my student accommodation in 2009. Fast forward to 3 months ago, I got given a pretty nice job at Barclays and through their credit checks, found I had been given a CCJ and therefore the job offer was recinded. Now, I did not know about this at all, granted I knew about the debt, I just foolishly ignored it. To this day, I have not received notification of this CCJ. The initial company had both my term time address (no longer living there) and my permanent address.
    My question is, can they do this? I mean, if it weren't for the credit checks for Barclays, I'd have never known about it.

Please no flaming, I know I've been foolish, I'm just trying for any information that may be useful.
    Thanks

Re: CCJ without notification

we would never "flame" anyone, it's not how we do things here at all.

so was it your student accommodation that applied for the CCJ or was it through a DCA?

do you have any paperwork from that time? at all?

by the way welcome to AAD

Comment

You wont find flaming here. So no worries there.

As i said before there is proper process that need to be followed so maybe those here that are more knowledgeable about these could help explain.

Good to see that your over here.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Sorry, I meant no offence about the flaming.

Yes, it went through to a debt collectors. I received a couple of phone calls and 3 letters to my permanant address and then nothing. It has been over a year since I heard a thing.

Comment

First things first if you could give us some details of Original Creditor account type, Amount owed, DCA you heard from, Last contact from them, Last payment to them then we may be able to look further into this
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Last payment was Aug 2011. DCA was Stay Graydon. Amount owed £2,977 but it's now in the region of £3,500.

Comment

I think the first thing to check is Trust Online to see if the CCJ is actually real, then we can go from there

Comment

Can you please elaborate "if it's real"? Surely if its appearing on credit checks, it's legit?

Comment

if you check on Trust Online, it will tell you which court, when and who. If you want to challenge this, you need to know all of that.

Comment

As Pixie says, you need this info..once you know which court and the case number you can phone them and ask for a copy of the summons and CCJ.
                    (There may be a nominal charge for photocopying.)

Once you have all the details to hand we can look at the possibility of getting it set aside using form N244, although it's not always as easy as just saying you didn't receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                      As Pixie says, you need this info..once you know which court and the case number you can phone them and ask for a copy of the summons and CCJ.
                      It wasn't me Elsa...I won't take credit where it isn't due...it was MrsD..though her new avi is very pixie-ish
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've dealt with these wanker bodge-job cowboys that break every legislative rule in the past.

Debt Collection from STA International UK | STA International

Ok if the obtained a CCJ and never told you; you can look at set-aside applications etc but it all depends on when it was issued and whether you knew about it.

Can you clarify;

1. The debt address I presume is not your normal address?
                        2. You left student accommodation and moved but did they know where you moved to, ie did you tell them or do a midnight bunk?
                        3. When was this, ie the year you left that accommodation?
                        4. Is the CCJ on the credit agency showing at your current address or the old student one?

Cheers.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X