GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bedroom Tax Website - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bedroom Tax Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Tax Website

This website was put together by the wonderful Jessica McCarnun this is the lady I did a homeless sleep-out with to raise funds.

I gave a hand in writing parts of this site up but in the main it was all Jessica's work.

I will be leading the march to Downing Street with Jessica on the 13/07/2013 where we have permission from the Met, Westminster Council and No 10 office to hold the march and present the petition.

We Will Be Heard.org

This site is going live but is still uploading as I type.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17 June 2013, 20:50.

Re: Bedroom Tax Website

Thank you for this PF
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bedroom Tax does not effect me btw as I own my home, but that does not stop me feeling for the others who are unfairly targeted. As many of the press links on this site shows.

Comment

It affects me at those times when I have no work.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Feel so sorry for you Pixie I really do it is is why I campaign and fight this injustice for people like you.

Comment

Brings back the idea of the absurb window tax.

Can you just brick the spare bedroom up like they did the windows.

Its saves £14 a week per room but they cut tax to the super rich who wouldnt even notice that £20 note missing from their wallets it makes you sick.

This government has got it so badly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              Feel so sorry for you Pixie I really do it is is why I campaign and fight this injustice for people like you.
              At least I am ablr to work, when there's work available. The ones I really feel sorry for are the disabled who are unable to work.

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post

Can you just brick the spare bedroom up like they did the windows.
              My spare room isn't really spare. I use it as an office...it has my computer, shelves of teaching files/resources and storage boxes of resources. If I've prepared something when I've been in school I don't want to throw it away because I could use it again at some point. Teachers who have a contract usually have storage space in school. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury nor do I have a dining room which I could use as an office. Do I move to a smaller place and get rid of all the stuff so I can't do my job. Presumably that's what this government wants me to do. The room's only about 8 foot square.

Its saves £14 a week per room but they cut tax to the super rich who wouldnt even notice that £20 note missing from their wallets it makes you sick.

This government has got it so badly wrong.
              You are so right Ken. We all know there are those who abuse the benefit system but that's a minority. I'm sure stopping the subsidised meals in the House of Commons would more than make up for what they're getting in the bedroom tax.

Comment

Firmly tongue in cheek the bricking up.

There was a window tax when peasants were real peasants and didnt really think they had rights so the rich toffs didnt have to worry about us so much.

Backfired cause all the peasants just bricked them up and lived like mushrooms. Rich hadnt though about that. Peasants were used to not having much so bricking up something they didnt have before didnt really bother them.

Now we all aspire.

The term Daylight Robbery is thought by some to come from the window tax. The taxing of light.

But your right Pixie. If I am out of work this would affect me. But the people who it would really harm is my kids who stay over sometimes. So in my case its really child friendly. How many people realise this is coming in. Lose your job and bang your affected because you have a bedroom doing nothing.

Comment

Firmly tongue in cheek the bricking up.
                  I know that...though it has been suggested on the various anti-bedroom tax groups on facebook.

I used to have my granddaughters staying over but my DD came back to stay when she broke her ankle and leg last year.

A lot of people have ignored the Bedroom Tax because it doesn't affect them...a little bit of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude but don't realise that it could affect them at some point. Owning your own house doesn't necessarily mean that you're not going to be affected at some point in the future. I used to own my own house...

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I know that...though it has been suggested on the various anti-bedroom tax groups on facebook.

I used to have my granddaughters staying over but my DD came back to stay when she broke her ankle and leg last year.

A lot of people have ignored the Bedroom Tax because it doesn't affect them...a little bit of the "I'm alright Jack" attitude but don't realise that it could affect them at some point. Owning your own house doesn't necessarily mean that you're not going to be affected at some point in the future. I used to own my own house...
                    That is so true Pixie and that is why this goes back to my philosophy: Think of others before one's self and do not what is good for you, but is good for others.

We all know that society and citizenship is not perfect and it will never be and any Government that says it can be is mad because that just ain't gonna happen because certain citizens will always find a way to be one step ahead.

But in general citizens of this nation are fantastic people and just now and then they need a helping hand to achieve their goals in society which is why we are right here on this forum in fact.

We as a nation are no different to any other in this respect and thus across the eurozone and wider world citizens are having the same issues to deal with which in many cases is proving to be a very hard brick to break however in the age of technology news travels fast and bit by bit those barriers are being broken we just have to remain steadfast in our aims and carry on the good fight in a legal capacity via campaigning etc.

I love you all as equal citizens.

Comment

Just wanted to say good luck with this
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

My sister is affected with this tax she has to pay £9 odds off her £71 odds weekly sickness benefit ,leaves her very little she cannot afford much of a social life with her grandchildren they are the reason she struggles to keep her bedroom

I just want to wish you luck with your march and a very warm thank you for being so thoughtful for other people

Sosad xx

Comment

Working...
                        X