GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script new search recorded against me for wifes credit!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new search recorded against me for wifes credit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new search recorded against me for wifes credit!!!!

I had a email from Experian saying I had a new search marked against, I thought it was for the new mobile I got for my daughter but it wasn't.

My wife is getting a car on toyota finance ( in her name only)and they decided to search me as well, I know we are financially linked, but does this mean everytime she has a search against her I will get a search against me as well?????

Re: new search recorded against me for wifes credit!!!!

As far as I am aware - yes.

There wouldnt be much point in having the link otherwise.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Read page 20 of this ---> http://www.experian.co.uk/downloads/.../YCREJul08.pdf

That explains it all mate.

A financial associate search will be shown on your report when someone you are
      financially linked to has made a credit application and your credit report has been seen
      by a lender as a result.

It does not mean that you have made a credit application, or that the application was
      for joint finances. The record will show that your information was used because you are
      financially linked to the person who applied.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Under what circumstances can you get 'disassociated' or unlinked please? Would one have to wait for divorce and be able to provide evidence of this?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Under what circumstances can you get 'disassociated' or unlinked please? Would one have to wait for divorce and be able to provide evidence of this?
          Its when the original creditor of one of the old accounts notifies the CRA that the link has ended and/or closure of the account.

Basically, if you're in debt with a joint account or similar the link remains for the 6yrs default period - after this, you can then apply for a disassociation if you're no longer together.

If not in debt, then close any open accounts and then disassociate - simple process really.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Read page 20 of this ---> http://www.experian.co.uk/downloads/.../YCREJul08.pdf

That explains it all mate.
            Just goes to show that they still gave her car finance, so there is hope in the world!!!!

Comment

So how do you become linked ?

Would an in credit joint account with no credit facility do this ?

Or does it require some joint borrowing ?

Comment

im linked via my mortgage i think any account in joint names weather in credit or default will be shown
                at the start of this journey i owed
                £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  As far as I am aware - yes.

There wouldnt be much point in having the link otherwise.
                  So much for the Married Women's Property Act 1882 - link - then... Isn't it good to know that The City has rightly rejected all the feminist nonsense that has bedevilled the rest of the UK?
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 3 March 2012, 07:26.

Comment

Out of interest, if a Financial Associate search is carried out on your file and you subsequently become disassociated from that person - shouldn't the Financial Associate search also drop off?

Comment

Originally posted by Lakeside1 View Post
                      Out of interest, if a Financial Associate search is carried out on your file and you subsequently become disassociated from that person - shouldn't the Financial Associate search also drop off?
                      it would only come off after the 1yr period (2yrs with call credit) as at the time you made the application it would have been a link. Thing is you can't just 'de-link' - it's not that easy! Basically you need to prove that there is no open/active accounts and that you're financially separate. Thing is any defaults or old linked accounts will remain until 6+ years since last activity regardless of the association.

Its weird to explain but try and consider the association as being live whenever there is a live or defaulted account regardless of whether you split. If you settle the accounts so they become settled on the CRA, after they disassociate you the entries would remain on your sole files for the usual period of 6yrs from settlement date.

Make sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X