GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Search Reason = Outstanding Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

I've just noticed on my Equifax credit report that there have been 2 credit searches done by DCAs

One is a few months ago and other is exactly 12 months older

Both are from different DCAs
    One is probably about HSBC debt as I had a letter from the same DCA a week earlier than the last search
    Not sure if the previous year's search is for the same debt as I don't have anything from this DCA about HSBC, but I do have letters from this DCA years ago about other credit card

Both say Search Reason = Outstanding Debt
    both are searching my name
    there's nothing in the Search Type boxes

All of the debts I have are at my home address where I've lived for over 20 years

As I wrote to everybody asking for CCA original almost 2 years ago, anybody that I have / had a debt with knows my home address - so why would they need to search for me

Are these types of search detrimental to rebuilding my credit record?

If so can / should I ask Equifax to remove them?
    Quotes from the Bank of England website about 'Quantitative Easing'.
    Instead of lowering Bank Rate to increase the amount of money in the economy, the Bank supplies extra money directly ...
    This does not involve printing more banknotes. Instead the Bank pays for these assets by creating money electronically and crediting the accounts of ...

How to I apply to be Quantitatively Eased?

My UE diary is showthread.php?t=640

Re: Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

i could do with an answer relating to this - i have just found two searches by rbs and i never gave them permission.

i thought you had to agree/tick a permission box to let anyone do a search on you?

anyone know what the rule/law is on this matter?
    all the best
    minnack

Comment

Debt searches stay 24 months and are detrimental - yes.

Normal searches last one year.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MINNACK View Post
        i could do with an answer relating to this - i have just found two searches by rbs and i never gave them permission.

i thought you had to agree/tick a permission box to let anyone do a search on you?

anyone know what the rule/law is on this matter?
        all the best
        minnack
        Did you apply for anything with natwest? Even a basic account? If so you agreed to the search - they normally duplicate searches at rbs as well sadly!!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

QE - you can ask experian to remove them - they'll decline

Comment

thank you so much - again !

great site as always

all the best
            minnack

Comment

Originally posted by MINNACK View Post
              thank you so much - again !

great site as always

all the best
              minnack
              Did you open an account? Get insurance? Anything....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Who may perform a debt search on a person?

Does the searcher have to be a company?

Does the searcher need to have a Consumer Credit Licence?

Comment

no i havent done anything? i am behind on a store card but not with rbs/nco?

cheers
                  minnack

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

good questions ! anyone know?
                    all the best

Comment

Rhetorical or questions???

Anyone that wants to and has authority by the applicant or their parent organisation that originally had authority, ie a lender, dca of that lender etc...

For clarity, Minnack never mentioned debt searches, she mentioned general searches by RBS - RBS would not perform a debt search trace as these are conducted by DCA's.

Yes, otherwise why would you give authority to share info? For instance, why would an individual need to credit search you - unless they were thinking of obtaining a judgment for a debt (ie trade debt etc) - however as no authority for sharing data would have been issued then no, this individual could not search you.

Nope - CCL has nothing to do with DPA(1998)

Comment

Mostly the latter, as I was wondering how the CEO of RBS would like his credit file to be searched by some RBS victims and whether such searches might impair his apparent creditworthiness.

Comment

I had my Experian file searched by "Spectrum Investigations" and I've never heard of them. It shows as Unrecorded Enquiry so has only left a soft footprint which nobody else can see. I was also searched by Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd (unrecorded enquiry) last year which I assumed was to assess my overall financial situation before buying a debt but they never did after that - must have been the 16 Defaults they saw on the file

Westcot have searched me on Equifax giving "Trace" as the reason but no mention of the word "debt" although everyone knows who they are so it's damaging.

If it shows Unrecorded Enquiry no one can see it except you or the CRA so it won't have a negative impact. Experian refused to remove them for this reason.

Comment

Anyone that wants to and has authority by the applicant or their parent organisation that originally had authority, ie a lender, dca of that lender etc...

For clarity, Minnack never mentioned debt searches, she mentioned general searches by RBS - RBS would not perform a debt search trace as these are conducted by DCA's.

Yes, otherwise why would you give authority to share info? For instance, why would an individual need to credit search you - unless they were thinking of obtaining a judgment for a debt (ie trade debt etc) - however as no authority for sharing data would have been issued then no, this individual could not search you.

Nope - CCL has nothing to do with DPA(1998)
                            I should add that neither Spectrum nor Lowell Portfolio had my authority to search and I can't think of any tenuous link to a parent company And Spectrum (private investigators) aren't even registered at Companies House.

Do I presume that Wescot and Cabot or any DCA can search as 'agent' for the creditor to whom I did give permission in the first place?

Anyway I would only have given permission when I ticked the relevant box on my application form for credit at the outset. But if the creditor hasn't got my application form or credit agreement after I've CCA'd them then who says I gave them my permission in the first place ?
                            Last edited by PlanB; 23 November 2011, 11:01.

Comment

Mostly the latter, as I was wondering how the CEO of RBS would like his credit file to be searched by some RBS victims and whether such searches might impair his apparent creditworthiness.

Unfortunately we, the public, have no right to utilise the CRA's in such a manner - unless of course we signed up to their services and agreed to their 21 point principle - which is a load of bollocks...

ie "I agree to add relevant data"; "I agree to post updates in a timely fashion" etc etc - the usual bull shit

Comment

Working...
                              X