GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CRA and Care-of Address - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRA and Care-of Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRA and Care-of Address

I have been reading up on CRAs one thing I noticed was that equifax say linked address are places you have lived.

Your credit report includes the current and past address(es) that you gave on your application form. It could also include other addresses, such as previous homes linked to you.

When a company carries out a search on your previous address straight after a search on your current address, this can create a link between them. Once you let a lender know you've moved, the next time they update your account information with us, the account will move to the new address and it can create a link between the two.

Llinked address information shows that you or one of your financial associates have lived at the address(es) listed on your credit report.
    What is a linked address?

The reason why i find this interesting is because i have a number off linked address that i have never lived at i gave the address to my bank as a care-of address which i have never lived at while i have been out of the country for extended periods of time.

So as i have never lived there would there be any grounds for getting them removed as equifaxs own site says linked address are ones you have lived at.
    ---------------------------------

I apologise for my spelling and grammar.

I will not be offended by you pointing out my mistakes in fact i would welcome it.

the written word is the most powerful tool we have for improving mankind. we never learn from mistakes unless they are pointed out

Thanks for the great site

Re: CRA and Care-of Address

PS. I love some of the attention to detail of the more technical points of this website like creating anchor text for links from destination title.

and a few more and am sure there are lots i have not spotted yet great job Never-In-Doubt

thanks

I will not be offended by you pointing out my mistakes in fact i would welcome it.

the written word is the most powerful tool we have for improving mankind. we never learn from mistakes unless they are pointed out

Comment

Any one have any ideas on this

Comment

Originally posted by ckplay View Post
        The reason why i find this interesting is because i have a number off linked address that i have never lived at i gave the address to my bank as a care-of address which i have never lived at while i have been out of the country for extended periods of time.

So as i have never lived there would there be any grounds for getting them removed as equifaxs own site says linked address are ones you have lived at.
        Hiya

Sadly you can only get linked addresses removed that are not actual addresses used by, or linked to you. Now unlike a lot of other things with CRA's linked addresses causes a lot of confusion based on not only the terminology used but also the way they record them, I'll try and explain (but not easy as it is very complex).

Ok, so say you live at address A and decide to move to address B but address B won't be ready to move into for a month after you sell address A so instead you rent a place for that month or you move into a friends or just decide to go away for a month and use a care of address, for argument sake this middle address is going to be called address C.

The actual intricacies within that month don't matter so we can relate to any examples. Important note here, you did not inform the CRA's of your temporary address however someone else financially linked to you (i.e. partner) did. With me still?

Right, so the month has passed and you moved into address B. Your credit file will now show the current address as being address B, your previous address will show address A and your linked address will be address C based on the fact you did not declare the address as part of your application yet it was picked up by the fact your partner linked to it from address A and address B. Your partners file, based on them declaring address C will show the current address (B), the previous address (C) and the previous previous address (A) - they will not have a linked address, instead having 2 previous addresses.

Basically a linked address is an address that you are linked to but may never have lived at or an address you have used anywhere at some point in your life for any credit applications. A good example of this occurring is students, they may live at home and also on site in residence accommodation. Hence they will have a linked address as the University halls of residence yet they'd keep their parents as their main address. It doesn't necessarily relate to fraud or dodgy dealings, lots of innocent reasons that you could have a link.

Hope this helps to explain it to you. If not, ask away
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have been reading up on CRAs one thing I noticed was that equifax say linked address are places you have lived.
          Not really, you need to read the wording more closely....

Your credit report includes the current and past address(es) that you gave on your application form. It could also include other addresses, such as previous homes linked to you.
          My example in the previous post explains the red part highlighted above
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks that makes sense

you have a talent for this stuff mate its not fair good at building sites good at knowing how credit actually works like the details and your dam help full make me a bit jealous lol

again thanks great explanation

Comment

thanks that makes sense

you have a talent for this stuff mate its not fair good at building sites good at knowing how credit actually works like the details and your dam help full make me a bit jealous lol

again thanks great explanation
              Glad it makes sense.....

Just noticed your BIO, you do web stuff then? We'll shortly be looking for a few webbies (paye/cash in hand - whatever suits you best) to help run our new hosting & telecoms service which will be live end of the year.... If interested let me know and when we're ready to go live we'll invite you in.

Don't be jealous, if you read the forum news section you'll see I am a fussy sod when it comes to web-design and I self taught myself HTML5 and CSS3 so I could ensure our sites were using future-standard code. Its this new coding that allows such sexy sites.....

Comment

I spotted your other sites you got some very interesting projects in the pipe line.

I keep looking at html5 as it can do some dam sexy stuff I read about it all the time and my mind starts to wonder about all the things i could do.

Sadly i inherited a very large portfolio of very large sites built on joomla 1.5 by god knows how many freelance developers very few of which did any thing the right way with the added benefit of non tech bosses who struggle to grasp the need to spend time bring the sites up to modern standards.

So any chance to play with new shiny standards is something i would jump at.

I am working on a self service dm system which should be ready early next year which is a very interesting project.

But i love the attention to detail you have its one thing to make something work but its the little extra touches which show the eduction you have put in to your sites .

As for the linked address thing i spent a week looking for that infomation beforei posted it here and did not come close to answer how did you learn this type of information ( i mean the finer details like your answer above).

My usual trick in b2c issues is to look at it from the biz point of view look for information or training for staff who would be dealing with the type of problem am trying to solve. but there is so little out there on the inner workings of the cra's or i have not been looking in the right places.

I would love to get my hands on a training manual or any manual the cra's send to company's who post to them

Comment

Ask away ill be your CRA training manual

Comment

Working...
                  X