GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with parking fines please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with parking fines please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with parking fines please

In my stupidity back end of september and begining of October I parked in a place I should not have, don't get mad, but 14 times. This is because I opened a Lloyds basic account and their cards are restricted to Lloyds only, so had to travel and park in the main city centre.
    I wrote to my kocal borough asking for cancellation of the parking fines, they said no.

They'e now demanding all 14 paid in full my notice of rejection appeal, I don't earn enough a month to make that money, I struggle as it is to make ends meat.
    Does anyone have a template for offering payments monthly at a reduced rate?

desperate help please, have only 8 days left before they're all doubled

Re: Help with parking fines please

thanks Flower

Comment

Not an expert with parking fines, hopefully someone else will be along who is.

But what i do suspect is, they will allow the fines to double before they would even attempt to agree a repayment.

The parking fines will clearly state that the amount is a "reduced" amount if you pay within x amount of days.

Therefore its in affect a gesture of goodwill if you pay before the date on the ticket.

The whole amount is owed sadly.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suspected as much, so I'll be paying 130 on each ticket? Well that is ridiculous, I know I was in the wrong, but I don't have that income coming in, and I know I've been silly, so close to christmas as well, Grrrrr!

Comment

The declines of your appeals...are they their final responses? i have known cases where they have accepted a secondary appeal after.

Im not to sure with the law, but if the parking fines are issued by local council, then its not something you would want to bury your head in the sand over.

As im sure they have more powers to enforce payment compared to debt collectors prior to CCJ's

Its a tricky one, i wish i had an answer for you.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Survival View Post
            I suspected as much, so I'll be paying 130 on each ticket? Well that is ridiculous, I know I was in the wrong, but I don't have that income coming in, and I know I've been silly, so close to christmas as well, Grrrrr!
            If its likely, that you can not afford to pay all fines at half the amount, it may be wise to pay some of them off. At least that way you are reducing the debt by half the amount on the ones you have paid. just a thought.

Comment

Are these "fines" issued by a local authority, or from a private firm such as NCP?

Comment

OK - sorry Niddy, but I wrote this guide OTR, so I hope you'll let the link stand.

Please read this:

Parking Offences

It should answer all your questions. If you have any further questions, please post them up here.

Before you pay, make sure it is either a Penalty Charge Notice or a Fixed Penalty Notice and NOT a Parking Charge Notice.

If it is a Parking Charge Notice, don't pay one penny towards the ones before October 1st. Anything after October 1st, follow the link and decide. Generally if you are the Registered Keeper, you are best continuing to ignore.

If it is a Penalty Charge Notice or Fixed Penalty Notice you will see the procedure, but you are best trying to get the money together to pay while there is still a 50% discount (if there still is). Eventually these end up in Magistrates' Courts and bailiffs are instructed. If you cannot pay, then contact the Fines Officer at the court and ask for a Means Test Hearing. You are best attending in person, day after day until they grant you one. Only then might you get payments spread. It's all in the link.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  Are these "fines" issued by a local authority, or from a private firm such as NCP?
                  (i'm presuming its local authority after OP said they contacted local borough?)

and thanks Boo for the post....beat me to it!

Comment

Hi thanks for the responses it was a local borough where I live, they accepted a payment plan, I hit them with an I and E form, medical records and even though they refused to waive the fees, they agreed to a payment plan.

Thanks for ALL your help though!

Comment

Working...
                    X