GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking ticket.... is it legit? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking ticket.... is it legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket.... is it legit?

My daughter got a parking ticket this week from a private-sounding outfit called Parking Control Management UK Ltd but as it's not been issued by the police or the council, does anyone know how legit it is? £60 if paid within 14 days; £100 after that.

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 9 October 2012, 20:21.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Parking ticket.... it is legit?

where was she parked ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a private parking company ticket.

File it in a drawer and ignore.

Dealing with from Private Parking Companies (PPCs) - FightBack Forums

M1

Comment

She was parked for 5 minutes in a car park at her uni. campus and went upstairs to get the permit from her friend who lives on that campus. When she came back, the bloke was already writing a ticket out.

Friends at uni. have told her to ignore it but I wanted to check it out.
        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Re: Parking ticket.... is it legit?

Tell her to ignore it.

The company have a "contract" with the driver of the vehicle not the owner, and it wasnt your daughter driving - was it

Comment

Ok.... I see....

Thanks Oscar....
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

and whatever the RK receives ignore it all...usually its 3-4 threat o grams then they'll give up chasing the PCN charge..

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                and whatever the RK receives ignore it all...usually its 3-4 threat o grams then they'll give up chasing the PCN charge..
                Thank you.... i will keep you all posted xx
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                  She was parked for 5 minutes in a car park at her uni. campus and went upstairs to get the permit from her friend who lives on that campus. When she came back, the bloke was already writing a ticket out.

Friends at uni. have told her to ignore it but I wanted to check it out.
                  ridiculous!! arent they supposed to give you a grace period to go and get your ticket or permit in this case!

What Jokers!

good luck!

Comment

fuck em ---> BBC - Watchdog - Watchdog - Making a complaint

The main difference between an official penalty charge issued by the authorities and a parking charge issued by a private company is that there is nothing in criminal law to support a penalty or fine for parking on private land.
                    That is a polite way of saying, fuckoff
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                      ridiculous!! arent they supposed to give you a grace period to go and get your ticket or permit in this case!

What Jokers!

good luck!
                      You would think so.... but he sounded ready to pounce She nipped upstairs to the flat where her friend lives, came down with the permit and he was just getting ready to write it at that point. When she spoke to him, he told her it was too late.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      fuck em ---> BBC - Watchdog - Watchdog - Making a complaint

That is a polite way of saying, fuckoff
                      Brilliant.... !!
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Bit of a read here about some changes since 1st oct....

Private parking ticket appeals service launches

still all total bollocks though usual rule is ignore ignore ignore....just to be nasty though I sent a couple of recent tickets to the POPLA website and found out they charge PCN firms who issue tickets £35 per appeal!! sweet revenge

Comment

Apparently...sent a local supermarket's ANPR camera's into meltdown with some black tape in a few places on my number plate....shame

(fuck you town and country parking)

Comment

It doesn't sound like they can do much damage then really; just attempt to bully people into paying with nasty letters and threats....

I'm just glad my daughter wasn't clamped. .... although reading up on these things suggests that they've lost that privilege now.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Yep 1st october clamping now supposedly ceased....

but as far as your daughters ticket is concerned they can do F*!**! all thats for sure...you can count on less than one hand the number that end in court..and all those past cases always win kicking the parking firms out as a joke....just ignore ALL letters and shell be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X