GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking ticket.... is it legit? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking ticket.... is it legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking ticket.... is it legit?

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
    They've now traced my daughter through DVLA records
    Only way they do that is if she is the RK

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
      The company will have a complaints procedure. Tracking your daughter through the DVLA database (how do you know this is how they did it?) is a total abuse of their access to the database.
      They have said so in their letter.... they traced her through DVLA records.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      That suggests yes, she was the RK & Driver but not the permit holder.
      Originally posted by michael View Post
      Only way they do that is if she is the RK
      She is the RK and was the driver but the friend she was visiting lives on a different part of the campus which needs a parking permit. Visitors can park there providing they display a permit belonging to one of the residents. My daughter had gone to knock and get it and this parking bloke pounced in the time it took to do that. He was writing the ticket when she came out....

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by PriorityOne; 13 January 2013, 15:19.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Private land - Private Parking Company - Parking Charge Notice = Ignore, or Appeal and then ignore. Simple as!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Private land - Private Parking Company - Parking Charge Notice = Ignore, or Appeal and then ignore. Simple as!
          Agreed 100%. As I said in my first post here (along with plenty others)...

Cheers BBoo
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i'll keep you all posted..... Thanks again
            Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another threat-o-gram yesterday morning....

Filed away and ignored.

Persistant b*ggers though.....
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Definitely persistent b*ggers...you can see how people give in to them.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I had one around three years ago, they have eventually given up now

Comment

I'm just wondering which particular bunch of scary debt collectors this one will end up with.... Phwahahaha....
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

they just kept sending me a dark photo of the car, couldn'nt tell who was driving and I certainly wasn't telling them

I just ignored it and they went away

Comment

"Final" threatogram today.... before it gets passed to debt collectors.

Filed.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Greetings from Newlyn Debt Collectors..... anyone heard of this bunch?

The parking fine has now spring-boarded to £154..... along with a threat of "further action may be taken at considerable cost to you if this debt is not cleared"

Just curious but...... don't Parking Control Management have to own the land before they can take action through the courts anyway? Not that they're threatening court.....
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

is this Newlyn DCA or Newlyn baliffs?

if its DCA then personally I would report that the threatogram they sent to the DVLA as well as the OFT. They are implying that bailiffs can call round to enforce the "debt", which of course they can't until 1) a county court claim has been issued; 2) they won in court; and 3) you didn't pay.

In any case it would be the court who appointed bailiffs, not a PPC.

its standart threatogram pt 2
                            Last edited by philnicandamy; 20 April 2013, 20:13.

Comment

This was a post from "herbie" on MSE from baliff advice a short time back involving a ncp illegal ticket
                              posted this over on PePiPoo:-

Thank your for your message.

This letter from Newlyn is of GREAT concern and I intend sending a copy myself to the Head of Data Sharing at DVLA. I will also copy my letter to the British Parking Association.

This letter is CLEARLY intended as a WARNING that if the "parking charge" is left unpaid that a visit may be made by a BAILIFF.

For the avoidance of doubt for anyone reading this awful letter, NCP would need to take the driver to court and be able to PROVE to the Judge that a debt exists. IF (which is highly unlikely) Judgment was granted, then the parking company would need to pay a court fee of £100 to request a warrant to be issued. Such a "warrant" may ONLY be enforced by a County Court Bailiff !!!!

Newlyn Debt Collection Ltd would NOT IN WAY AT ALL have any involvement as "bailiffs" in enforcing this debt.

I am so angry to see this document and thank you for sending me a message.

BAILIFF ADVICE ONLINE

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                                is this Newlyn DCA or Newlyn baliffs?

if its DCA then personally I would report that the threatogram they sent to the DVLA as well as the OFT. They are implying that bailiffs can call round to enforce the "debt", which of course they can't until 1) a county court claim has been issued; 2) they won in court; and 3) you didn't pay.

In any case it would be the court who appointed bailiffs, not a PPC.
                                Ah... no... sorry. That question at the end was just me asking; they haven't said or implied that anyone will call round or that they will go through the courts.

It's Newlyn DCA.
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X