GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Diddly's fight with Pixmania....... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diddly's fight with Pixmania.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diddly's fight with Pixmania.......

Basic background info as to what this thread is for.

Less than two years ago, I ordered a new TV from Pixmania, which was delivered to me by Currys.

Last night, the TV broke; it has horizontal lines the full width of the screen for ¾ of the screen, making viewing impossible.

Whilst the TV is outside of the 1 year standard warranty, it is my belief that the product is not fit for purpose as it has broken down just short of two years from purchase.

I believe that I should have the TV repaired free of charge or otherwise replaced - surely this is my right?

I will use this thread as a basis for factual information, and a running note of correspondence. I do intend to win! Please feel free to add any comments as you see fit.

9th October 2009 - Ordered new TV from Pixmania

Order confirmation received as follows (which is my e-invoice also). Note, this order was acknowledged by Pixmania. It is my belief that this is whom my contract is with, as that is who I paid for the product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diddly
    We are pleased to confirm that we have received your order as detailed below.
    Order summary
    Customer No.:
    xxxxxx
    Invoice No.:
    Xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date:
    09/10/2009

Delivery mode
    Shipping fees Pixmania:
    Standard Delivery (5 working days), the delivery will be made by Currys Home Delivery, a partner company of Pixmania.

An email shall be sent to you shortly to confirm the date of the delivery. We will send you a 10 digit delivery reference (exemple: 1234 567890). Please quote this delivery reference in any communication with the distribution helpline 0870 850 6532 open 7 days a week or customer service matters 08700 118 117 open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.

Delivery address

Diddly
    address line 1
    Address line 2
    Address line 3

Your order :
    DESCRIPTION Toshiba 37XV635DB LCD Television
    UNIT PRICE £ 442.20
    Quantity 1
    Total vat excl. £ 442.20

Total number of your products sold by Pixmania £ 424.81
    Discount- £ -17.39
    Delivery costs £ 17.30
    Total vat excl. £ 442.11
    VAT £ 66.32
    Total to pay £ 508.43
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Re: Diddly's fight with Pixmania.......

Legally a retailer must fix it within 6yrs.

This explains it best ---> 'Currys fixed my broken TV after 26 months' | This is Money

Good luck.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

28th September 2011. TV broke!

Service request form completed using Pixmania's website asking for them to call me to discuss my issue.

29th September 2011. Reply received from Pixmania as follows:

Dear Mme Diddly,

Thank your for your recent e-mail.

We understand that you have reported a faulty product, requesting resolution.

Your product was delivered on 13.10.2011, and you reported the fault for the first time in on 28.09.2011.

Your product was delivered by CURRYS not PIXMANIA.

All CURRYS products have a strict one year warranty on faulty products purchased online.

Since you have reported this problem outside the default warranty period, in concordance with our terms and conditions, we cannot offer a free repair/replacement product.

We would recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly concerning the feasibility of a chargeable repair.

The Repair Care After Sales Department may also be of assistance, concerning the feasibility of a chargeable repair (Telephone: 08445570545).

Should you have any further enquiries or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address:
      currys_uk@pixmania.com

sigpic

Comment

29th September. Diddlys response to Pixmania

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would refer you to the Sale of Goods Act which specifically states that even after any warranty period (remember the Sale of Goods Act overrides any warranty - fact; it is the LAW) goods should be fit for their purposes for a period of time.

Anybody would expect that a full sized, high end television should still be operational after a period of less than two years; certainly this is what the Sale of Goods Act states.

My contract for this supply is with yourselves; it is you who invoiced me for the goods; not Currys, not the manufacturer, but Pixmania.

Therefore, my rights as a consumer, by law are that you offer me a repair, replacement or partial refund for the item purchased, and do not fob me off with a referral back to the manufacturer or a paid repair.

I await your further reply.

Diddly

sigpic

Comment

ps my link above proves their reply in that last email to be UTTER BOLLOCKS!!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

29th September 2011

Pixmanias second response

Dear Xxxxxxxx,

We understand that you have reported a faulty product, requesting resolution.

Your product was delivered on: 13-10-2009, and you reported the fault for the first time in on 29-09-2011.
            Your product was delivered by CURRYS not PIXMANIA.
            All CURRYS products have a strict one year warranty on faulty products purchased online.

Since you have reported this problem outside the default warranty period, in concordance with our terms and conditions, we cannot offer a free repair/replacement product.

We would recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly concerning the feasibility of a chargeable repair.

The Repair Care After Sales Department may also be of assistance, concerning the feasibility of a chargeable repair (Telephone: 08445570545).

Should you have any further enquiries or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address:
            currys_uk@pixmania.com
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 29 September 2011, 20:56. Reason: Remove name

sigpic

Comment

29th September 2011.

Diddlys longwinded reply to them:

Did you actually bother to read my second email? Please read it and then reply accordingly!

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Nids. I'll read your link now.
                I expect more shite replies tomorrow TBH. I will not give up

Edit: read your thread, and it is pretty much what I am throwing at them. I will only deal with the email bots for so long before advancing my complaint to real people
                Last edited by diddlydee; 29 September 2011, 21:00.

sigpic

Comment

Good luck diddles i'll keep a watchful eye on your fight!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    Dear Mme Diddly,

Your product was delivered on 13.10.2011, and you reported the fault for the first time in on 28.09.2011.
                    That's clever.

How did you do that?

Comment

Letter before action, sent by Special Delivery.

Give them at least a week after their receipt of the LBA, then sue.

Do the Pix maniacs claim that their warranty replaces one's rights under the SOGA? That may actually be a crime, being contrary to the Consumer Transactions (Restriction on Statements) Order 1976 (link 1 and link 2).

Comment

30th September 2011

Reply from Pixmania

Dear Mme Diddly,

In reply to your email, I would like to inform you that your faulty TV was delivered by Currys and not Pixmania. The TV has one year warranty which is sadly over. As mentioned in our
                        terms and conditions, we cannot offer a repair/refund/replacement after this period is over. You will need to contact Toshibal for more information where to fix your TV or agree to return it to us and you will be charged for the repair fees. Please advise which is preferable for you.

Should you have any further enquiries or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
                        Your customer care agent

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          That's clever.

How did you do that?
                          I know! I copied and pasted from their email, so it is their typo - not mine!!!!

sigpic

Comment

30th September 2011

Diddlys email to James Felix, Customer Service Director

Good morning James.

I write with reference to my purchase order reference: xxxxxxxxxxxx, and to my ongoing request for service from your supposed "Customer Service" team.

To give you a brief background, in October 2009 I purchased a Toshiba television from your company via the pixmania.com website. My invoice confirms that I paid Pixmania for these goods, although the TV was delivered by Currys.

On the 28th September, less than two years from my original purchase, the TV broke down (the screen is displaying horizontal lines across the width of the screen for 3/4 of the depth of the screen).

Your customer service team are very good at quoting "12 month warranties" however, they have completely ignored all references to both the EU directive (all products are covered under a 24 month warranty if purchased within the EU) and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which states that goods must be fit for purpose. Anybody with any common sense must agree that a quality TV should last for more than 2 years; it certainly wasn't sold as disposable!!!

Under both of the above laws, the company which sold me the TV (not the manufacturer) is liable to either refund, replace or repair the TV as it has broken down less than two years from purchase.

Your customer service team seem ignorant to this fact. I therefore request your intervention to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

Please be advised that I am fully aware of my rights as a consumer and I will not allow this to drop; I will not go away until I have a fully functioning TV and I do not anticipate spending any money. I would however be prepared to take this matter further if necessary.

I would like to receive your reply within 24 hours, as promised on the Pixmania website.

Regards,

Diddly

sigpic

Comment

Me thinks a follow-up email with a link here may well help them deal with things quicker...... It certainly works for me, as they can sit and read all about themselves then and also see what laws we are using to beat them and their unlawful tactics....

If they know you frequent a consumer forum, they'll not treat you quite as much as a twat - only half a twat (if such a thing exists)....

Comment

Working...
                              X