GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mis Selling - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mis Selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis Selling

Hi All, just wanted to see what you think of my situation.
    Back in June I was cold called by a rep from EDF as you all know the price hikes were started to happen and as my current deal with Eon was coming to an end I listened to what the guy had to say. He asked how much I was currently paying by dd each month and I explained that it was £57 per month as I had built up some credit. To this he said that he could match the prices I was currently paying and I would see no price hikes, he even wrote this on the welcome booklet. So low and behold I recieved my first bill today and a little note telling me my dd was now going to be £142.00 per month I was fuming to say the least. I did expect a rise in the original amount due to winter coming up but not by near on £100. So phoned EDF today and the lad said they were having a few hitches with a new system and after me saying I would only pay £90. per month he was apologetic and agrred to this. In hindsight I wish I would have stayed with my previous company and am now stuck into a contract that I believe I have been mis sold....Any thoughts please

Re: Mis Selling

Pompey is your man I suspect.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regardless of being in a contract you can reject the price increase and move to a cheaper deal without penalty.

Never ever do a deal on the doorstep as you are at a disadvantage and the seller will push you into what they are offering.

I would search the internet for a better deal then use the power given to you by the energy regulator and phone or better still write to EDF rejecting there latest price increase.

Regards

Comment

Pompey, if mrs m is un happy please can you both contact Chris choi at itv using the details I'll pm you both in a moment? Tell him niddy from all about debt forums sent you. If not - no worrys...

I'll pm you BOTH now.

Thanks.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

I'm here I,m here m8 lol

Comment

im here to x to do what i dont know lol

Comment

Niddy,

In my own case since sending the CEO an email and having a eply telling me he will sort my tariff out I have heard no more so yes I will now take it to the TV.

Regards

Comment

Niddy,

Did you hear from him then and he checked out ok yes?

Comment

what do I say lol x

Comment

Hiya

Yes all above board. Please check your pm and discuss together then please take it to Chris choi. Thing is he needs examples like this to bring them to boot. It'll help everyone, agreed?

Joe from BBC is doing a different programme - details of that are in important announcements at the top of the forum. Chris specifically wants cases about energy companies.

Thanks guys.

Comment

ok ill give it a shot .

Comment

Niddy,

OK M8 sent you a reply to pm I think he will be very interested in my case as it stoops so low.

Ill give you an update in my energy thread.

Regards
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 August 2011, 20:53.

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Hi all, just wanted to let you know this chap did get back to me and even gave me his mobile number and he asked if you would be interested in taking part in his programme lol but as nice as that sounds im a little shy but i will be happy to help him any way i can just not on a camera lol...in the meantime im going to contact edf and tell them they have mis sold me a contract and what are they going to do about it or something to that effect, if anyone has any ideas how to word my letter id be very very grateful thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X