Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay

I know this probably isnt the right place, but cant see it elsewhere.

Whats the "norm" for ebay disputes? Last week I bought an item (handbag for mum) - the description said "the lining on one pocket has come away a little bit". Upon delivery, the lining of the pocket had come away completely - essentially, there was no pocket.

I messaged the seller who responded with "i said it had come away in the description".

I have sent another message, advising the description was inaccurate, however I have had no response. How long should / do I have to wait before proceeding to dispute (and has anyone done it before - I havent and am a bit lost/unsure)

Cheers chaps!
    oscar
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Ebay

I'm not sure you'll be able to do anything Oscar - it all depends on the interpretation of 'a little bit'.

I've only ever opened a dispute as a seller (for a buyer who didn't pay.)

In your case, as you've already received the handbag, I think you should be able to open a dispute immediately. I'd take a photo of the lining to show that 'a little bit' is actually a lot!
    Perhaps you could go to the 'Community' section on ebay and asked there? I've had some really useful advice in the past.

Can you give negative feedback?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Try the resolution centre--> http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
        Can you give negative feedback?
        Yes can give Neg - didnt notice at time but they have had some recently, and a couple of "neutrals"

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
        Try the resolution centre--> http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/
        Cheers Swanny.

Would you send them another message at all or not?

Comment

I'd just go straight to the resolution centre and not bother with another message. It might scare them into doing something, though as they've had negative feedback recently, it might not bother them.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Dispute opened. Lets see how I get on!

Comment

Leave really bad feedback for them. I find that works sometimes
              Last edited by Mickb1969; 26 May 2011, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
                Leave really bad feedback for them. I find that works sometimes
                One chap ordered some artwork which hadn't arrived weeks later,so he posted "Someday, my prints will come..."
                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 16 June 2011, 22:38.

Comment

Well, opened dispute, got the rest of my money back (after partial refund) and got their feedback removed as the made negative comments within a positive response.

Comment

I have no faith at all in the e-bay disputes procedure. Only ever bought twice, both were a disaster. Second time used their complaints procedure, the appointed mediator was some bimbo from the Los Angeles Bar Association who came over all legal on the side of the vendor who had taken his money three times from my debit card and provably so.

Told her in no uncertain terms in American "get your fanny over here on the next flight, this is an English transaction, on English soil, with two UK parties, English Law applies and by the way here is a copy of the airmail letter winging its way to the Bar Association of Los Angeles requesting they remove you from your career for professional misconduct and aiding and abetting fraud" " 24 hours later the money was back in our account. E bay themselves did not want to know, bunch of wasters.

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

My OH doing our books for yet another year picked up a statement from the HMRC site , end of last week which says that they are now going to target regular vendors on there who technically are running businesses. They did this a while back and netted a large sum of money.

Anyone who is not aware should realise that ANY business operation, self employed, partnerships, part time, freelancers, clubs, societies and associations have ALL been brought under the Corporation Tax umbrella anyway. This I would suggest allows them to be even more agrressive.

Regards
                      Garlok

Comment

I can't remember the full details, but a friend bought something via ebay, and used his credit card as the funding source. The item didn't arrive, and he contacted the seller who had proof he'd sent it.

He raised an ebay dispute whom sided with the seller to say "He's sent it, so that's all that was required". They wouldn't refund the money, and he had no item.

So he contacted his credit card company and arranged a chargeback. Ebay were less than impressed and locked his account. Apparently it's in the terms and conditions that you are not allowed to do a chargeback on ebay. He took them to the financial ombudsman and a couple of other professional bodies who agreed that a chargeback was perfectly legal thing to do as he hadn't received the goods or services which he paid for.

Ebay was forced to return his account to good standing!!

One for the consumer!
                        "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          My OH doing our books for yet another year picked up a statement from the HMRC site , end of last week which says that they are now going to target regular vendors on there who technically are running businesses. They did this a while back and netted a large sum of money.

Anyone who is not aware should realise that ANY business operation, self employed, partnerships, part time, freelancers, clubs, societies and associations have ALL been brought under the Corporation Tax umbrella anyway. This I would suggest allows them to be even more agrressive.

Regards
                          Garlok
                          Why HMRC “refuses to discuss” eBay, web-robots and your personal information
                          LINK BELOW - more News about it
                          allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Latest Headline News (Media)

Comment

Hi 5corpio,

Thanks for that link. My OH found it when she accessed the site to enter a return for our accounts.

I don't really think that it is that hard for them to trace people, they do it remotely with paedophile rings, someone knows who and where you are when you use any form of GPS system and certainly GCHQ monitor all traffic mobile phone and the 'net. They watch automatically for patterns and any flagged get deeper investigations.

When we imported stuff from the States as a proper business, the VAT went out of the bank the moment the stuff hit the freight slide at the airport. We complained that this was unfair as an end user/ customer could import without penalty or more correctly without paying the VAT at 17.5% at the time. Hence putting a legitimate IK business at a disadvantage. AH BUT said the Customs, three transactions a month to the same purchaser and we raid their premises. We had no argument as the Excise officers in the UK are probably the most powerful law enforcement officers in the western world. They don't even need a warrant.

Comes from burning all that tobacco in Falmouth you know.
                            regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 20 June 2011, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                              Hi 5corpio,

Thanks for that link. My OH found it when she accessed the site to enter a return for our accounts.

AH BUT said the Customs, three transactions a month to the same purchaser and we raid their premises. We had no argument as the Excise officers in the UK are probably the most powerful law enforcement officers in the western world. They don't even need a warrant.

Comes from burning all that tobacco in Falmouth you know.
                              regards
                              Garlok
                              - Falmouth

Just wish the Border Control was just good as our HMRC on immigrants

Comment

Working...
                              X