GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Who's to blame ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's to blame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's to blame ?

I recently purchased a new tv for chrimbo. It was a Samsung 3dtv and it came bundled with a 3d bluray player and also "Shrek - Complete Collection" on 3d bluray Free.

Now, the TV is superb and so is the 3d player. No complaints.

BUT........ the Shrek - Complete Collection is where i have an issue.

It should be 4 discs. One for each Shrek Film. But strangely it only has 3 discs in and you have to send away to Samsung a card (or put a code in an online form) to receive the 4th Disc. It said nothing about this on Currys where i bought the package.

Now, i went to fill in the online form and i got an error saying " verification code already used" and then gave me a number to call. The number is for USA freephone. Now, freephone only applies in USA so i will have to pay international call rates. I tried calling UK Samsung but they said it HAD to be the US number & department.

So........ i called...... twice and was on hold for 15 minutes both times before being cut-off. Unbelievable. So i emailed Currys and asked them why i had to jump through hoops to receive something whioch they advertised as The COMPLETE collection when it clearly isn't.

I got a standard reply saying this was a Samsung TV and the issue had to be taken up with Samsung and it was not their problem.

Thoughts ?
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Re: Who's to blame ?

Bloody Hell mate! You know how to pick em!

It'd be Samsung that is at fault here, surely?

Just watch the Best of Man Utd for enough Shrek to last a lifetime lol...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I would get currys to call the american dept for you!

Comment

I asked Currys if they could do that and they said again that it was purely a Samsung issue

Niddy - it's never a dull moment in my life lol

Going to just send a letter to samsung in USA and open up mail communication. Will be a lot cheaper than calling them endlessly i reckon.
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
          Going to just send a letter to samsung in USA and open up mail communication. Will be a lot cheaper than calling them endlessly i reckon.
          Its not up to Currys mate - that's the thing. Is it really worth it mate? I mean forgetting the principle, you never bought the package just for shrek did you now?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
            Its not up to Currys mate - that's the thing. Is it really worth it mate?
            I am going to disagree with the Boss here and say it IS down to Currys.

Under the Sales of Goods Act, any item has to be "as described" - yours clearly was not "complete" if you had to send off / ring America for the additional item/s.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
              Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
              Its not up to Currys mate - that's the thing. Is it really worth it mate?
              I am going to disagree with the Boss here and say it IS down to Currys.

Under the Sales of Goods Act, any item has to be "as described" - yours clearly was not "complete" if you had to send off / ring America for the additional item/s.
              Me thinks you'll find that Curry's are not liable mate! Sale of Goods Act does not cover additional freebies that are bundled into a package, are they?

Point is, I could book a holiday tomorrow that was advertised as giving "Free Glass of Wine" on the flight. If I then boarded the plane and there was no wine, I would NOT be entitled to a refund of monies paid, nor would I be entitled to compensation because the Free Bundle was NOT the main part of the purchase.

Neither was Shrek.

Comment

Taken from another site :

Do I have rights if a freebie was faulty?
                This is a tricky area in consumer rights. Technically when something's free there's no contract with the supplier, so you're not entitled to get a faulty item fixed.

Yet if it was a free gift as part of a purchase, eg sign up for a mobile contact and get a laptop with it – that's different, you've exactly the same rights as if you'd paid for it. Most sellers are aware of this, but, if they try to fob you off, stand your ground.

Comment

Taken from another site :

Do I have rights if a freebie was faulty?
                  This is a tricky area in consumer rights. Technically when something's free there's no contract with the supplier, so you're not entitled to get a faulty item fixed.

Yet if it was a free gift as part of a purchase, eg sign up for a mobile contact and get a laptop with it – that's different, you've exactly the same rights as if you'd paid for it. Most sellers are aware of this, but, if they try to fob you off, stand your ground.
                  Agreed - however bear in mind it is all relative! So in the case of buying a mobile to get a free laptop, yes - stand your ground. BUT, in the case of paying over a grand for a home entertainment package with a free dvd worth less than 1% of the value, changes things somewhat i.e it is in no way relative to the original package (by that I mean you'd have bought the package whether or not it came with Shrek)!

Comment

Of course i didn't purchase just because of the Shrek dvds..... BUT...... it was certainly a small factor in my purchase. No matter how samll, it is still relevant. By the way, this is just a principal thing now, totally.

Put it this way Nid....... if you bought the package and opened the DVD case and one of the DVDs were cracked or blank or something, would you not complain ? However small the value ?

Comment

Put it this way Niddy....... if you bought the package and opened the DVD case and one of the DVDs were cracked or blank or something, would you not complain ? However small the value ?
                      I'm with you Billy...I'd be pissed off too.

I'd actually be more pissed off that Currys didn't do anything to help because although it's not their 'problem', I'd expect their customer service to be bit better and at least try to do something.
                      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

The RRP which Currys quote for the discs are £149.99 so that equates to almost £40 a disc, which makes it a decent little amount too. I got an email back from Samsung UK who gave me another email address to send too to sort it out so its in motion now

Comment

I'm gonna buy an awesome new t.v too...and it's gonna be the most awesomest t.v I thought I thought I'd never have :yeah

I'm gonna go int othe Panasonic shop and I'm gonna (try to!) haggle a free t.v stand outta them if I buy a dvd player too
                          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Angelic I thought u got rid of your tv licence lol?

Have you come back to planet earth now then?

Comment

Billy

Mate, I'm with you in so much that it sucks and yea, a large retailer like that *could* (and should) do much more to help. However, that said I'm simply telling you the legal element which is samsung are at fault - not the retailer as the retailer never made the offer - it was bundled together by the manufacturer - samsung.

Glad they're listening to you. Sometimes it's best to be a persevering son of a .....

Comment

Working...
                              X