GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Who's to blame ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's to blame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's to blame ?

Originally posted by Angelic
    I'm gonna buy an awesome new t.v too...and it's gonna be the most awesomest t.v I thought I thought I'd never have :yeah

I'm gonna go int othe Panasonic shop and I'm gonna (try to!) haggle a free t.v stand outta them if I buy a dvd player too

I've never had a "great" tv so this purchase was a total treat and is the best TV you could imagine. The 3d is amazing and you can get "back-up" copies on the net for download now so cheap too !!

Angelic, let me know if you have a specific set in mind. I am quite good at finding deals etc. Also if haggling, turn on the charm and also tell them that you will take any extended warranties etc in return for a price reduction or freebie. The salesman get commission on the warranties and you simply cancel them without paying and get your discount.
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
      Billy

Mate, I'm with you in so much that it sucks and yea, a large retailer like that *could* (and should) do much more to help. However, that said I'm simply telling you the legal element which is samsung are at fault - not the retailer as the retailer never made the offer - it was bundled together by the manufacturer - samsung.

Glad they're listening to you. Sometimes it's best to be a persevering son of a .....

I know what you're saying, but at the end of the day the SOG act is always against the retailer and not the manufacturer which is where i was unsure. If there's a problem etc then its up to the retailer to sort. No matter, one way or another i will get my disc and maybe a voucher or something for my hassles which have been keeping me up at night with worry :P
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Best of luck matey
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          Angelic I thought u got rid of your tv licence lol?

Have you come back to planet earth now then?

Nope nah I'm gonna watch dvds on it! I'm not wanting actual t.v - I just want a great big telly!
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
            The RRP which Currys quote for the discs are £149.99 so that equates to almost £40 a disc, which makes it a decent little amount too. I got an email back from Samsung UK who gave me another email address to send too to sort it out so its in motion now

Emailed on 28th Dec. - No reply

Emailed again on 6th Jan - No Reply

So, a bit miffed i went back to Samsung UK and again filled in the online form updating them that i had no replies and not even a courtesy acknowledgement of my emails. Laid it on a bit and got this reply :

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the
            following assistance.

Regarding your inquiry, kindly note that we have raised an official complaint for your issue under your name
            and you should be contacted by a member of our escalation department within 2 business days in order to
            help you with your inquiry.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
            we will be more than happy to help.

So, they have escalated it to an official complaint

That was this morning, no contact yet but will update when i do

Comment

So, call from Samsung yesterday - UK customer services.

The lady said that they are sending my case to head office UK and raising to official complaint. She took down a few more details etc and also told me that the promotion for the Shrek Bluray had now ended.

I reminded her that the promotion was ongoing for me at time of purchase and when trying to claim the promotion via various routes. She agreed that and said that although the promotion has ended, this simply means that there may be no more Shrek Blurays available and so it may be that an offer of "goodwill" would be made as a replacement and would i prepared to accept anything other than the original offer.

I told her i would accept a goodwill offer in replacement and she said that she will let me know when she has more news on this. So, seems like we are moving quickly and the UK customer support has been very effective and quite fast in dealing with the issues i have raised so thumbs up to them so far.

Comment

5 months later and no more contact but i'm back on the ball now and sent them my complaint again but a bit more peeved as they have ignored me for months. I won't back down lol

Comment

I'd say that your contract was with the store rather than with Samsung, so I'd ignore the manufacturer and seek redress from the retailer.

Comment

So, yet again i was told i would receive a call but didn't so emailed again. This time i received a call a couple of days later and they were very helpful. At first hey tried to palm me off by telling me to call USA number as it was an offer direct from US but i wouldn't take that and tol them i wouldn't call an international number.

I was put on hold for a while and then FINALLY got offered some M&S vouchers as a token gesture of goodwill as the SHrek 3d Bluray was no longer available.

Should receive my vouchers in 14 days so will see if they come !

Happy with the result

Comment

Hi billy,

I would have thought that this was Trading Standards and Advertising Standards Authority issue anyway.

It is clearly a case of misleading advertising and the goods are not what the advertising and marketing that Currys led you to believe was the specification of the whole product. Now they cannot supply the goods to match the marketing specification.

Might be worth a call to your local TS dept. I know they usually aren't very good but it might just get up Currys nose.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

What about "loss of bargain" - could that come into play here?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Angelic I thought u got rid of your tv licence lol?

Have you come back to planet earth now then?
                          Aha! No telly, eh! - that explains a lot...........

Re the Shrek CD, I vote Curry's are at fault.
                          The deal was made with them, so I reckon they bear the responsibility.
                          So, Curry's, in the shopping mall, with the lead pipe 'fives' NLP!!

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Aha! No telly, eh! - that explains a lot...........
                            Yea, i'm really missing classy progs like Britain's got talent & the only way is essex too.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              The deal was made with them, so I reckon they bear the responsibility.
                              But it wasn't - it (the offer/deal/bundle) was made by Samsung, and it appears they've now taken steps to remedy their breach. I used to have several businesses and a lot of things came bundled, if things were missing we'd offer a refund (revoke the offer) or tell them to contact the manufacturer.

Example, a PSP box bundle with a game and extra's inside an outer box. As they are sealed units we have no way of knowing what is inside, so a lot of customers would ring and say the game was missing. If we'd replaced it then we'd have been liable for that cost, therefore we referred customers to the Sony PSP Helpline who sorted it for them.

Point is, you cannot hold a retailer responsible for everything - sometimes, as detailed with the PSP example, it's almost impossible to win..... you do wrong for doing right!

The store itself did not run the promotion, it was a Samsung promotion when you bought one of their TV's....
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Is it really worth it mate? I mean forgetting the principle, you never bought the package just for shrek did you now?
                                I can never seem to forget the principle lol Anyway, thanks for everyone who posted, i received my M&S vouchers through the post this morning. £25 which is better in my pocket

Took me 6 months but perseverance paid off and a small(well tiny) victory for the consumer

Comment

Working...
                                X