GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Porting Number of Cut Off Line - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porting Number of Cut Off Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting Number of Cut Off Line

This situation is to try and help a friend. They are struggling and have had their BT landline cut off due to arrears. BT said it would be put back on if the £300 arrears were paid but they don't have the money. They use the number for business so don't want to lose it. I suggested porting the number which I could sort out. The question is would there be any way to port a number that has been removed from service due to arrears on the account? Could they highlight the fact that they cannot make money to pay for the arrears without the number? Or would it fall on deaf ears? Any suggestions would be gratefully received….

Re: Porting Number of Cut Off Line

Have a look here billytommo. Ofcom state they can't refuse to supply the PAC for arrears. It's about mobiles but I would think they same applies to landlines.
    http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

If it was me I'd just write a simple letter asking for it. They should provide it within 2 days, otherwise take it up with OFCOM.

Comment

I've stumbled across this thread on BT's own website. It's their own forum Moderated by BT where they seem to resolve problems faster than their less helpful Customer Services team.

Here's an example similar to your friends where the phone was reconnected instantly and it looks as if an affordable repayment plan was set up. This could be an easier option for your friend since opening a new account with a new provider could prove problematic if a Default has been placed on their CRA for those arrears, because most telephone service providers do credit checks (I could be wrong on that last bit).

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/N...rm/td-p/187981
      Last edited by PlanB; 4 June 2014, 20:57.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I used to work for BT, but unfortunately only dealt with the business side, however I do know that Virgin, BT, Sky etc do run credit checks because of their equipment they give you.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Working...
        X