GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script nPower successfully sued for harassment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nPower successfully sued for harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nPower successfully sued for harassment

Not sure if this will make it onto our news threads but this is a really interesting story about a guy who had successfully sued nPower for harassment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ncies-him.html

In summary the guy signed up to a contract with a door-to-door salesman which nPower then claimed was no longer valid.

He refused to pay the difference as he claimed nPower were in breach of contract. nPower then proceeded to set TEN DCA's on this guy (I noticed from the picture that our friends Moorcroft were on of them).

This guy then took nPower to small claims court for breach of contract and harassment and WON

What is staggering is that nPower had the arrogance to state that the courts decision regards harassment was 'in error'

So if you were ever in any doubt, that statement says everything you need to know about these companies attitudes towards consumers.

They can mis-sell something to someone, breach a contract that you have entered into, subject someone to FOUR years of threats and intimidation via TEN debt collection agencies (surely the fact that the previous NINE had handed the account back should have said something), and then have your conduct found in a court of law that your actions ARE harassment, ordered to pay compensation, but still come out and say you think the court is 'in error'.

ps now also on our news feed:

Homeowner mis-sold gas by Npower salesman becomes first person to win harassment payment from energy - allaboutFORUMS
    Last edited by SaltnVinegar; 27 October 2012, 08:22.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: nPower successfully sued for harassment

Shows what utter contempt these big companies have for the law and those that run it either the judges or the politicos.

We the small people are just an irritant that is there to pay up and shut up.

Stories like that make you mad and you wish the court now had the power to drag npower back and do them for contempt and hand down some meaningful fine. Maybe drag each and every director into the courtroom and send em down for a few days. They would then respect the court more.

They have been caught out. Why not accept they have done wrong compensate the guy look at their procedures learn from this and become a better company.

Oh I forgot they dont have to because its a captive market.

Comment

Corporate Law and thus think they are above, there arrogance stinks.

Comment

They don't learn.

Debt collection can be harassment, rules court - The Register
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And another nice one BBC News - The cold call victim who fought back

Comment

Working...
          X